Thread: Funny Shit,,,,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Default Funny Shit,,,,

Well it seems all the nasty letters I've written to como's office had an effect,,,

As may of you already know I'd convinced several people that had campers and camps in NY to leave the state in a protest move to the restrictive laws being put forth by NY state. As well as convincing several others to not buy licenses , or support that state in any way. And I mentioned in some of the letters the fact that I'd canceled the purchase of a large piece of land there that several of us had planed on purchasing together and putting up a camp on. Many of us in this group and the ones that left have all written and expressed our,,displeasure over these new laws.

I guess it made an impression!!!

It finally prompted a response to 6 of us that had written,, with the responder,no doubt being a dem sheeple intern, asking us to reconsider our decisions in leaving the state and not to hunt, snowmobile and ATV ride, and camp there anymore. And what a wonderful state it was and how these new laws were going to protect everyone's safety,,,Ya Right!!!!! It came from his office so it seems,, Someone,, noticed and is starting to worry about it!!!!

The response was basically a laundry list of just plain dribble expounding the virtues of the "safe act" , it's for the children, and just a bunch of other BS yada ya that isn't even close to true. 5 of us in that group have already written back in response with other quite harshly worded letters to them and I'll bet it will leave even more of an impression when they read them!!

We'll see if it garners any further responses from them.

But,,,So far 5 of us have written back and pretty much told them to "GO POUND SAND"!!!! We won't be back!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Soooooo,,,we'll see what kind of ,,, impression,, That Will Leave!!!!

Take That !!!! I think when they realize it's hurting there bottom line, they just MAY realize this shit hasn't been a very well thought out plan!!

YEA,,,ONE FOR THE HOME TEAM!!!!

Keep those cards and letters rolling in guys, just don't bitch about it here!!!! I actually think they,, Do Notice,,,

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Within the past few days I've seen a commercial begging for business to come to NY promising no taxes for 10 years. Must be pretty desperate at their loss of revenue to offer that up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Yup some places in upstate NY near me ,,like 5 miles away from me as the crow flys,, are almost ghost towns compared to what they were when I was younger. Lots of empty places and no jobs,places that burned out 20 years ago still left derelict ,,Great area!!! And the ones that are doing fair is because city folks have bought up property for summer places, and they don't give 2 shits what the local economy is! And they contribute very little to it and complain the most about wanting expensive improvements in the towns infrastructure.

Crown Point is a good example, It used to be a well kept up town with a decent core group of people that always set up all kinds of events throughout the year and there was always activity's going on,,now a ghost town almost with nothing happening. Business wise too.

That's why there begging!!!! They taxed everyone to death for years and chased them out of town. It will take forever, if at all before it's like it was.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    Within the past few days I've seen a commercial begging for business to come to NY promising no taxes for 10 years. Must be pretty desperate at their loss of revenue to offer that up.
    I saw that too. Big fancy commercial wanting to bring business back to NY. Tax breaks and all. Knew they had to be hurting. I love seeing stupid a$$hats get their karmic payback.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

twa247 have you seen any land over there that has an acre or more ? still got the Harley to trade.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Mostly parcels of land in this area that are in the "country" are 10 acres and start around 50K minimum, unless there's already a dwelling on it then you can find smaller lots. That is something that's part of the "act 250" law that regulates density of homes in rural/farm areas. Finding 1-2 acre parcels in the country is difficult at best, if not impossible. But country is a relative term I guess,,in many small towns , which around here are even "country" by most peoples standards,,,,there is smaller parcels around to be had. But there generally quite expensive for a 1 acre building lot,, like around 10K per acre depending where you are. Way out in the sticks you'll do better price wise, but then you got to figure the long drive to work we talked about in another post. You get closer to a bigger job base area and 1-2 acre lots can be 30-40 K in some places ,,to start,,yea,,,crazy!!!! Right? But figure 5-6 K per acre out of town is an average "country" land price around here.

So prices run the gambit. As I said check out realtors in the area you're interested in and look up the local realtors in those areas under a normal googgle search and it will give you a better idea what prices are going to be in the area you are considering and whats available. And possibilities of trading a bike towards a piece of land is a shot in the dark. But you might find someone that would take it as part down payment,,ya never know????

That's your best bet.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by moleman View Post
    promising no taxes for 10 years
    That's a fairly common invcentive states use to encourage businesses to move there.

It's also a big F*** YOU to the residents and businesses already in the state, who have to support the privileged newcomers.

The taxes are supposed to apply equally to everyone; I don't think tweaking them up or down for a specific entity is either ethical or lawful.
    Perge, scelus, mihi diem perficias.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.