Originally Posted by hcpookie
How would you light the lint/crayon starter? That sounds like a good idea actually... my store-bought waterproof fire starters actually went bad after a while - I guess it was some sort of grease-based coating on sawdust.
Most guys use a waterproof match. I use a 'blastmatch' or flint and steel on a bit of the 'dry' lint; it catches the spark, and with a little blowing, the ember catches the wax on fire. Instant flame. The guys think I try to do things the hard way. I prefer to think of it as the challenging way.