Originally Posted by Frogman
I think Red Jacket just blew a great comeback episode after going Jersey Shore on us for not taking you up on such a historical build. Thank you for sharing the story and congratulations on winning the auction.
I will freely admit; I like Will and and I understand how Hollywood works. The Jersey Shore thing is just out of line. To us as an audience, yes, it is akin to Jersey Shore. We represent less than 1% of the population. To the other 99% who watch, and are now buying Red Jacket at record volumes, this is the holy grail of firearms info. Sad, but true.
Take it easy on Will. He is a good guy just like us. He has NO control, and if he tried to exert control, the show would go the way of the Buffalo. Trust me. That is how it's done in Hollywood. And if you doubt that those decisions are made there, well....Sorry. It is the truth.
While I am not trying to disparage your wife, just ask yourself this...If you do it like the show does it, will your wife (or more importantly the 99% of wives) watch the show? Or would she / they be more inclined to watch the show if it were done in a manner that would REALLY please you and I????
Again, no disrespect intended to you or your wife. The simple reality is that these shows have to be packaged up like happy meals in order to get consumed. Just the simple facts of life in the Nielson Ratings Game...