Originally Posted by tanvil
I have a hard time believing those numbers.
Well Romney got 57% of the 91.6 Million whites who voted bringing him to 48,548,000 votes roughly by white voters. 80% of blacks and hispanics combined went to Obama so the remaining 20% of the total 27.6 Million votes cast by both demographics leaves Romney with 5,520,000 votes from the blacks and hispanics bringing his rough total of 54,068,000 which is about what his total of votes was.
Disclaimer: these numbers are rounded because I came up in the Kalifornia Public School System, but they are pretty close.
I had a hard time believing them too man, but this is how they read. there is no doubt though that the addition of 5 million votes to those numbers may have swayed a few states and definitely given Romney the popular vote.