View Full Version : C&R question
08-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I have recently moved some of my belongings into an apartment at a new location (in the same state) and have a permanent lease. However, I still have a lot of my belongings and receive mail at my old location listed on my C&R license.
1) Is a form ATF 5300.38 the correct one to fill out to request a change in location on my license?
2) Is it legal to move, not buy, C&R guns I have bought with my license to the new address before getting approval to have the license amended to the new address?
3) How can I find out if I am zoned in an area where having a C&R license would be illegal?
4) What kind of information do I need to provide the CLEO in the new area, and in what order does it need to be given to him in relationship to the application for an amended license?
5) Anything that I'm forgetting?
08-10-2004, 05:20 PM
1. Yes that should be the form if it is the current one from the ATF website.
2. If I am reading right, yeas you can move, but I wouldn't buy any guns with the C&R because tehy have to be delivered to the address on the FFL03 you hold.
3. It shouldn't be an issue as a C&R is not the same as the dealer, but if you live in a Commie state they might prohibit it. I would check with the Sheriff of the county of the Chief of Police.
4. I would imagine it's the same deal. You provide the LEO with a copy of your C&R along with the amended applictaion for moving.
5. I think you have it all, but as always I'm no expert.
08-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I did just find this on the ATF site about renewing.
You can always call too
If you have not received your renewal 30 days before your license expires, please call our National Licensing Center in Atlanta, GA on 404-417-2750 to have one mailed to you.
08-10-2004, 05:23 PM
State laws for firearms
Click on map for different states
08-10-2004, 07:22 PM
I think I just read on the ATF site that you must notify them within no less than 30 days of a move.... not sure, though...http://www.atf.gov/firearms/nlc/ffl/faqs_lic.htm
read the last FAQ...
08-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Yes, it says that on the form that I have. Am I still OK eventhough I have another "place" that I stay at sometimes. I am actually at both places, but more at the address at the one on the license? Should there be any issue over "where" my guns are kept? Do they have to be legally kept at the residence on the license, or just received at the residence on the license?
08-11-2004, 03:27 PM
Far as I know it's where they are recieved as long as they are in your possesion.
08-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Thank SH, I will be checking with the ATF soon about this issue and will give a follow up.