View Full Version : Anxious to start
01-15-2007, 09:20 AM
I have a Yugo m92 virgin kit but no receiver yet .Is there anything I can do to get started till my receiver gets here?
Start reading various posts here on Gunco. There's a wealth of information here. Are you going to do a screw or rivets build? Do you have all the necessary compliance parts and tools to do your build? Good Luck with your build!
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
1. Take a grinder and grind all the rivets off the front and rear trunnion.
2. Remove the remaining rivets from the front and rear trunnion.
3. Remove the trigger guard as carefully as you can from the scrap receiver and HG nut.
4. Remove the barrel pin from the front trunnion/barrel assembly
5. remove the barrel from the front trunnion
6. clean everything up really good and emory paper any galling in the barrel.
7. remove any cosmolene from the wooden handguards.
8. Steam any dents out of the handguard wood
9. take the underfolder assembly apart and put it together again 3 times so you never forget.
This should keep you busy until your receiver comes. :)
01-17-2007, 01:26 AM
He said it was a virgin kit. Untouched, unrivited and unassembled.
01-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Is this your first build? If so, and you don't have all the tools you need, you can probabaly be hunting down these. This will be a either a nice challenge or a headache for your first build. I would say to go ahead and drill your barrel pin hole in the rear trunnion and barrel, but you'll probably have to wait and do that till you get it all put together and headspaced. Does the trigger guard have the rivet holes cut out? You can drill you gas port hole in the barrel too.
01-17-2007, 10:12 PM
does the barrel have the extractor relief cut yet I heard some kits do not have this done yet. if not it ewill need to be done before the barrel can be pressed.