Should be need arrive that I have to evacuate my home then I will have to grab my "go to" rifle and "Bug Out Bag" (BOB) and hit the road to my "Bug Out Location" (BOL). I have an Alice Pack with enough gear for hopefully a minimum of three days.
My "go to" rifle in this case is a Saiga AK-47 type with two attached 30-round magazines and a vinyl magazine pouch with five 30-round magazines. The AK has attached a uni-green lasermax laser and AimSHOT holographic sight. This is a fairly decent short to intermediate range rifle imo.
Mounted to the pack and frame is a PSL-54C rifle (7.62x54R). A plastic canteen is clipped onto the pack and a U.S. military mummy bag rests on the top of and straps to the pack and frame.
Bug Out Bag Contents
The Bug Out Bag contents inventory top to bottom and left to right (Lower Photo):
1. First Aid Kit (includes Celox blood clotting agent and magnesium fire starter)
2. Collapsible fishing pole and fishing kit (8 lb line and box of lures, flies, sinkers, etc.)
3. Wyoming Saw (in black folding case)
4. Mountain House freeze-dried packs
5. Coleman propane canister and burner
6. Katadyn water filter
8. Mess Kit and flask of "medicinal" brandy
9. Leatherman multi-tool
11. Water filter bag and kit
12. Quick oats and energy bars
13. Reading Glasses and Glass Case
14. Solar and Crank Radio (charging attachments for cell phone)
15. Package of Kleenex
17. PSL-54C pouch with four 10-round magazines and cleaning kit.
18. Glow Sticks
19. 2 vinyl ponchos (rain protection and shelter)
20. Boonie hat with full head mosquito netting
21. Paracord (various lengths)
22. Package of handwarmers (10 packs) and extra loose packs
23. Folding Shovel
24. Folding reading Glasses
25. Sewing Kit
26. Package of black ties
27. US Army mummy bag
28. Package of plastic ties
29. PSL-54C rifle (7.62x54R)
30. CZ-82 auto handgun (9x18mm) with extra magazine in camo holster
The point of having the BOB as well as the companion Get Home Bag (GHB) is to be able to get to the Bug Out Location (BOL) where I am well stocked and can replenish supplies. Failing that, the BOB will help me get from cache to cache until I reach my final BOL destination where I can settle in to ride out the disaster.
- Black Blade