If TSHTF it would be useful if the members of the group had an easy way to know who their peers are.
For instance, I live in a suburban area, I know where I'd go to hold up for awhile, if bad shit started going down. I don't want to interview every douche-bag who comes around, looking for a free meal, to figure out if they know anything; I want a quick and easy way to make a positive identification from a distance, so I can offer shelter to a brother in need.
- Distinct enough so you can recognize it from a distance.
- Two main colors, background and foreground.
- Easy enough to "draw" with spray paint or a paint bucket and brush.
- Perhaps even a code to notify others as to what kind of help/service you can offer.
- Survivalists will be able to make identification at a distance to others who have some knowledge.
- Caches can be labeled.
- If I have too much stuff to carry, I'd rather someone who is somewhat prepared get it, than someone who is going to squander it.
- Once the cache is empty, the symbol can be marred.
If we want a "code" of some sort, what are the major tenants of survival... these are just some thoughts not a definitive list:
- Food & Water
- Horticulture experience.
- Food/Water surplus.
- Food preparation.
- Water purification.
- Marksmanship knowledge.
- Ammo and/or firearms.
- General supplies.
- Gunsmithing / reloading knowledge.
- Designation of a place is good shelter.
- Person with building or carpentry experience.
- Medical supplies.
- Medical knowledge, first aid and up.
Here's a concept I've been working on, this would make it easy for people in TSHTF community to easily identify others who have spent some of their life learning about how to protect themselves. Constructive criticism, comments, and suggestions are more than welcome.