Originally Posted by yosuthnmasa
Did anyone here order one of the recent Polish kits from CFS? Just wanted to get some feedback from those of you who had.
First kit I checked out had matching numbers, a bore that looked like it had never seen a bullet through it, dark wood, red plastic grip, front trunnion wasn't touched in the cutting process, rear trunnion was cut close and can be made useable. Everything appears straight and almost like a new gun that was cut up for parts.
The second kit....where should i begin??? It had a nice barrel with excellent bore, one of the sight ears was doggy looking but nothing a little sandpaper couldn't fix. The front trunnion looks beautiful too. Now for the bad and wierd stuff.
1. This has a laminate pistol grip instead of a red plastic one. wouldn't be bad if it matched the wood.
2. speaking of wood, the wood doesn't match and appears to be off from three different guns (upper is beat to crap, lower is dark wood like the first kit but different in a few ways like it wasn't polish), and the laminate pistol grip is a different color. This will definitely give the battlefield look, lol.
3. The numbers do not match on this kit. The bolt and bolt carrier seem to have the same proof marks but the number on the bolt carrier is barely legible and is different than on the trunnion. Also the bolt and bolt carrier are very worn compared to the barrel assembly.
4. The underfolder looks good and is straight but is a totally different style mechanism than the other cfs polish kit and also is different than the global trades polish kit I have. Did Poland make different style rear trunnions/locking mechanisms? or maybe this is a different country for the underfolder stock. I definitely need to get some pictures taken.
5. The rest of the parts are a hodge podge of parts with different numbers from different guns. The gas tube looks worn to nothing and yet the barrel is in excellent shape.
All in all do I think these were a good deal? The first kit definitely yes, the second kit well do I have a choice? Sure I could return it but if they sold out of the polish underfolders already I wouldn't be able to get another one in exchange - would I? For the price some would say why B*tch and complain. Well I'm not complaining but I do feel that looking at the second kit it looks nothing like the kit Lois posted a link to the picture of (my first kit looks as good as the picture in the cfs link though). Sad thing is with ordering two kits, one was for me and one was for a buddy of mine(yes he already paid me for it). You can only guess which kit I am stuck with, lol. I figure I will call Lois in the AM and see what I can get worked out to see if there are any polish underfolder kits left where I could make an exchange for the second kit. If not I will keep the second kit and practice my wood working skills (or lack of) with the wood in that kit.