Gunco Forums banner

If the AWB sunsets??

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  ak'sr4me 
#1 ·
I was wondering something!!If it would sunset..Could it be possible then, for each state to take up there own ban on them?I dont know if being Federal
law now has anything to do with it..I kinda see it as they didnt care cuz it was taken care at the highest level,but if it sunsets maybe each state would deal with it as they see fit....That would suck!!! Also if they did,would your
rifle be grandfathered or confiscated..Oh the misery.....

#3 ·
I have read somewhere that Feinstein is trying to attach an extension to the AWB on some other bill. I believe it is the bill that limits the liability of gun manufacturers. I thought that the whole bill would have to be re-introduced....not extended.

#8 ·
George,

Under your location, It would have sufficed to just put Florida.
You don't have to rub it in.

Jack,

A Bucs fan? Never.
I used to have a sister in law from Tampa Bay.
She was a huge Bucs fan, this was back when they sucked (which covers pretty much their entire history, except the last couple years) anyway, I used to tease her, unmercifully.

If she ever found out I was a Bucs fan she would hunt me down, and what really scares me, she might bring the Ex with her.

#10 ·
Alabama is a nice state to (at least in southern Alabama). Only bad thing is no SBR's. I can't figure out how I ever survived those cold MI winters when I was younger (doesn't seem that long ago)- lol.

#11 ·
From what I've just read, S. 1805, Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act went down in flames and that means the Feinstein attachment went down the tubes also.

I'm moving to Wyoming, it's a harsh state but the people are warm and 'GUNS' isn't a dirty word! Hell, no shotguns in the pickups they got hi-power rifles.

I'll be living in Sheridan, about 15 miles from the Montana border. What's cool about this town is one time Queen Elizibeth was going to visit (to buy saddles) and her security people said that there were to many guns in town and that the police should ban them during her visit. The reply was, "I guess she dosen't want to visit Sheridan". Is that cool or what?

#12 ·
Thats right. Queen of what, not the United States. I get so sick of people that forget this country was founded to get away from that crap. If Ms. Queenie wants to come her she can be treated like any other slob. Now if we can only convence Hillary to realize she is no better than the cow she is, we will carry on the legacy. Jack

#14 ·
7.62x39 said:
With nit-wits like Kerry, I'm screwed either way.

I'm getting to old for many more of these NE winters anyway.

I think it's time to start looking for a spot somewhere between Winn and George.
I like the georgia laws.......move here! Great place to hunt as well.

#16 ·
yeah, jersey is a great state. You need a firearms card to buy a bb gun. And if they find a "wrist rocket" in your car you go to jail. The winters are perfect cause the roads never get plowed and everyone drives without 4WD while talking on their cellphones. fireworks are illegal, liquor stores close @ 10pm-if your lucky. The cost of living is going through the roof and our closet homosexual gov. is out of the closet now and is probably getting replaced by Joe Piscopo, the comedian/body builder. Yeah, theres more but I just heard a knock on my door, probably the cops cause yeah, oh wait-its illegal to burn leaves. The AWB is'nt going to have the slightest effect on NJ but every soccer mom/dad is cring about it on TV or in the paper every chance they get. Machine guns, military style firearms, assault weapons, cop killer bullets, (all this is quoted of course) what words for rifles will they think of next to scare people? they have one argument, "why do you need a machine gun to go hunting?" Yeah, great asshole why do you need a fn tank to go pick your kids up from baseball practice? everyone, including some gun owners miss the point about the 2nd amendment. Last time, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING.

#17 ·
Nick said:
Machine guns, military style firearms, assault weapons, cop killer bullets, (all this is quoted of course) what words for rifles will they think of next to scare people? they have one argument, "why do you need a machine gun to go hunting?" Yeah, great asshole why do you need a fn tank to go pick your kids up from baseball practice? everyone, including some gun owners miss the point about the 2nd amendment. Last time, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HUNTING.
Well put. It isn't about hunting. I must say (in my most sarcastic tone) but most soccer moms feel safe driving those tanks down the road (and isn't it funny they are all for the environment yet they drive a vehicle that gets crappy gas mileage).

#18 ·
yeah, the new age "enviromentalists". The same women who are tossin tampons down the toilet on a monthly basis. actually, it may seem like a coinsidence-but i have a feeling most of those democratic moms all bleed the same time of the month and it just happened to be when the AWB sunset. go figure. cause they were mad'der'n hell here in Jersey! (obvious sarcasim...but who knows?)
its hard to take anyone seriously anymore with any form of political "insight". These are the same people stating that Bin Laden is a "blood thirsty animal" as well as all terrorists, and yet they protest and demand america has no buisness in Iraq. Its like me building a 1911 and then bringing it to that Give up your Guns for Toys or whatever that bs is they do to get people to disarm themselves. you know what i'm talking about. nice rant.

#19 ·
I heard a report on msnbc the day after the ban sunset that said that we can now buy ak47 machine guns over the counter and you know that they know that that is not true. You couldn't do it before the ban so why and the hell could you do it after the ban. They also made it sould like you could not buy semi auto ak's during the ban but can now. All a bunch of lies designed to scare the average American non gun owners into a frenzy. Msnbc is now on my ignore list. The next gun legislature will be no guns at all. It's coming!!!!!! ak'sr4me

#20 ·
Maybe you need to send them an email. Tell them why you will not watch them anymore. I am beginning to think that we all have to start clearing the air on this one in our own means. If they get an email they will know they have one more guy out there that knows they are like CBS a big f__k up.

#21 ·
scubadvr said:
Maybe you need to send them an email. Tell them why you will not watch them anymore. I am beginning to think that we all have to start clearing the air on this one in our own means. If they get an email they will know they have one more guy out there that knows they are like CBS a big f__k up.
I've got one better. Maybe I should send them Dan Rather. He may be looking for a new job soon. ak'sr4me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.