Gunco Forums banner

Anyone have picture of the new FAL kits with torch cut barrel?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SA58 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am just wondering how the new kits are with the torch cut barrel that is following with the kit, I have seen a picture of it but can't find it.

Anyone have picture of the new kits imported after barrel ban?

From 2mas-

#4 ·
I've got a couple L1A1-F1 kits in... one with a torched barrel and one with a saw cut barrel.. both missing the barrel section under the hand guard. They are far from being new. One is VG, the other VG++. One kit came with a brand spanking new barrel virgin barrel.

#13 ·
Sorry guys, I forgot about this thread.

I actually received two of these kits... these are technically F1 kits. I bought one from I.O. (against my better judgment)... and shazam, without going into the details they screwed me again! This was supposed to be an excellent condition kit.

I've actually just sold this kit. The handguards were fair, the rest of the wood wasn't too bad... just not what I'd call excellent. Same with the metal finish, or lack thereof. I should also add that the I.O. kit came with a brand new barrel. It's a brand new barrel allright. It's chambered, profiled, extractor cut... no gas port drilled yet, seemingly ready to go. But, wouldn't you know it... they totally dropped the ball when they threaded the muzzle, it's left hand thread. wtf??

I also just received the kit I had ordered from CFS way back in December. The CFS kit was in better shape, but not by a whole lot. Worth the asking price though I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.