Gunco Forums banner

All members please read

15K views 38 replies 27 participants last post by  moleman 
#1 ·
Today we had a major issues with the database and we lost ALL posts going back to June 4th.

The issues has been resolved and the site is back up and running.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on making the site better all the time and sometimes things happen. This was one of those times.

-Gunco

#2 ·
I was wondering what happened to my recent posts - the gremlins at it again.:geezer:

#12 ·
I think she meant the "post just to get 20 posts" game.

That's the only thing I haven't liked about Gunco, now that we had a much needed purge in General Discussion.

#13 ·
I think she meant the "post just to get 20 posts" game.

That's the only thing I haven't liked about Gunco, now that we had a much needed purge in General Discussion.
Probably so, but I think its odd when someone spells their name two different ways and can't even get one of them right. But then again moleman isn't my birth name either.:confused:

#26 ·
The idea is that a new member will participate in discussions and actually become a useful asset to the forum. Without minimum posts, you get first time posters coming in to post for sale ads and such. As noted, the drawback is that some will just post useless crap to get to the post count.

#29 ·
why do they use post min limits?
I've got a few words on this subject too.

There's no greater pita than screwing around on the board with a deal gone bad.

Almost every time there's a low post bunny involved. Somebody who's here only to buy or sell something; not a member of the community in any sense.

If I had my druthers, the post limit for classifieds or pms would be 200. And anyone post whoring to get there gets banned.

:geezer: (ok, it's cold in GA an neither the truck or the dozer will start) Rant off.

#30 ·
heh heh heh.

im with you on this one and we actually DID do this over at WG for exactly the same reason bud.

50 posts to even be able to SEE the market place or so on ... id have went higher on it but people complained.

lmao

#32 ·
Don't worry bout it, just jump in where you have some expertise and help someone out and you'll be there before ya know it. Some of the political stuff will get ya going, did me. Now every one knows where I stand from some of the stuff I got into. It's not all bad beaing a flag waver though !! Have fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.