Gunco Forums banner

War with Iran

255K views 1K replies 157 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
What do you all think the probability is that we will have a REAL confrontation with IRAN? Would it happen this year? Will RUSSIA and the rest of the middle East join in? Will the South American countries get in on the deal?

MUSIBIKE

#172 ·
On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," the leader of al-Qaeda in Afghanistan told Al Jazeera that if they can ever get their hands on Pakistan's nuclear weapons, they WILL use them against the United States.

The leader of North Korea doesn't want to be out-threatened by al-Qaeda, so Kim Jong-il said that if the U.S. or any of its cronies attempts to interfere with his nation's 'activities,' he may just launch a missile toward Hawaii. That threat's a little more disturbing because we know that Kim Jong-il does have missiles and he may have nuclear bombs. He's tested a couple of nuclear devices in the last few months and he's also tested some long range missiles and some ICBM's. He says he's going to test another ICBM in the next few days. As a precaution, Defense Secretary Gates is moving some anti-missile protection to Hawaii.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is making some threats of his own. He says he's going to release 700 Hamas terrorists that are currently being held in PA prisons. He's upset that President Obama hasn't forced Israel to remove the Jewish settlements in Judea and Samaria. Also, he wants to let Hamas know that he's ready to make nice again and restart their friendship. But the move may backfire since it shows the Quartet and the West that the Palestinians only keep their commitments when they're getting their own way.

I can't remember the last time I agreed with Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid about anything. As you know, he and I don't usually see eye-to-eye. Until now. He recently wrote a letter to President Obama setting him straight on some of his misconceptions and misinformation about Israel. You'll be surprised at what you hear. I was.

The post-election turmoil continues in Iran. Ayatollah Khameini says that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won reelection. Hundreds of thousands of Iranians disagree. The government admits that there were voting 'irregularities', but only in about 50 cities, not the 170 claimed by the opposition. The government is brutal in its crackdown on the protesters, but they've not backed down thus far.

One young Iranian has paid the ultimate price, though. Neda Soltan, a beautiful, young philosophy student was killed by the bullets of a police or paramilitary sniper. Her shocking death was caught on video by a bystander. It was uploaded to the internet and exploded around the world. Now, demonstrators as far away as New York and Los Angeles have made her the face of this revolution. They call her the "Angel of Freedom."

Finally, though there's still a whole lot of shakin' going on and it looks like major changes may be in store for the mullahs in Tehran, we know that both Iran and Israel will emerge from their current troubles intact. The prophet Ezekiel predicts that Iran will survive to join an Islamic coalition led by Russia in an invasion of Israel. And Ezekiel hasn't been wrong yet.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration (cable only), CPM Network, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report (Check it out, it's brand-new!) or HisChannel - Christian TV.

God Bless You,

Hal Lindsey
mail: HLMM, P.O.Box 1475, Palm Desert, CA 92261
email: mail@hallindsey.com
web: The Hal Lindsey Report

#173 ·
On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," in recognition of our nation's birthday, I'm offering a 'Fourth of July Meditation.' I'm calling it, "Does the Flag Still Wave?"

Everyone recognizes that the United States of America is now the world's only superpower. Its economy is the engine that drives the world. Even in our difficult times, it is still the cornerstone on which the global economy rests.

Twice in one century, the United States saved Europe, and the rest of the world, from the domination of tyrants. Later, America drove the Soviet Empire into the ground and, in so doing, secured freedom for untold millions of citizens and scores of nations.

No matter your politics or what label you attach to your beliefs, it is undeniable that, to this day, America remains the last, best hope of the world's oppressed.

Yet the United States of America exists in the shadow of an uncertainty. Have you ever thought about the fact that even our National Anthem acknowledges that it is possible to forfeit or lose the magnificent heritage that is the United States of America? When Francis Scott Key penned the words to The Star Spangled Banner, he ended the first verse (which is the one customarily performed as our nation's official anthem) with a question: "O' say does that star spangled banner yet wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?"

Whether he was being prophetic or simply poetic is not important. His inclusion of that question rightly implies that America's great freedom and promise cannot be taken for granted. It came into existence through the great courage and sacrifice of our forebears. It can fade from existence through the antipathy and apathy of its current citizens.

That's why so many of our Founding Fathers found it imperative to insist that the form of government they established can only prosper if the citizenry is predominantly Judeo-Christian. They minced no words when they proclaimed that our democracy can only succeed if it remains founded on the principles of Christianity and respectful of its Judeo-Christian roots.

Yet, today as no time in our history, those very roots and principles are under ferocious attack. It's as if major elements of society have hoisted their axes, determined to chop away at the roots of our democracy until the magnificent tree of American freedom shivers and falls.

That's why there is no time to lose. As Christians and patriots, we must seek God's mercy for our faltering nation. The forces of darkness have succeeded in marshaling their greatest assault yet. And the speed with which recent changes have weakened the basic foundations of our society is nothing compared to what we may see in the coming months. If we are to see our nation saved, we must earnestly call out to God, repent of our sins as a nation, and humble ourselves before Him.

What better time to begin that renewal than on the 232nd anniversary of the birth of our beloved nation.

Happy Fourth of July! God bless you and God Bless America!

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration, CPM Network, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or HisChannel - Christian TV.

Hal Lindsey

#174 ·
Headline News
Sunday, July 05, 2009 Israel Today Staff

Report: Saudis to support Israeli strike on Iran

Israel may no longer need a green light from Washington to launch a military strike on Iran's nuclear facilities. According to a report in London's Sunday Times, Saudi Arabia has agreed to let Israeli aircraft circumvent US-controlled airspace in Iraq by flying over the oil-rich kingdom.

The report claimed that the head of the Israeli Mossad, Meir Dagan, met with top Saudi officials last week and secured tacit approval for an Israeli overflight. The source that leaked the information said the Saudis recognized that preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear arms was for them, too, a top national security interest.

An Israeli government official interviewed by Army Radio later in the day complained that if such an agreement did exist, clearly whoever leaked it to the media did not want Israel to be able to use Saudi airspace, since the publication of the deal would cause the Saudis to publicly deny any cooperation with the Jewish state.

In related news, a diplomatic source in New York told Ha'aretz at the weekend that the Obama Administration is working hard behind the scenes to prevent the enactment of additional economic sanctions against Iran at the G8 summit next week.

The official said Washington believes harsher sanctions will only backfire, and prefers to continue easing pressure on the Islamic Republic.

#175 ·
Will Israel Strike Iran?

Hal Lindsey

Many factors are now converging to indicate that Israel is at long last about to attack Iran's nuclear enrichment facilities.

* Factor 1: President Obama's plan to draw Iran into an arms-length working relationship to help the U.S. establish stable governments in Iraq and Afghanistan and to restrain terrorist activities in the region have clearly been dashed. If there was ever any hope of that plan working, it was clearly rejected by the Ayatollahs and Ahmadinejad when they smashed the popular rebellion of citizens over the rigged Presidential election. If Obama had any plans to force Iran to abandon their headlong pursuit of producing nuclear weapons, it was clearly rejected by the current Iranian leadership. The Obama administration has indicated by its failure to act against both Iran and North Korea's flagrant violations of U.N. warnings that it has no intention of taking the only option left to stop Iran - military action.

* Factor 2: In the light of this, the Saudi and Egyptian leaders now recognize that the U.S. has no plan to stop Iran's nuclear weapons program. They, along with other Muslim Middle East oil producing nations realize that their futures are in great peril if Iran goes nuclear and becomes the dominant Muslim power in the world. A former head of research in Israeli intelligence said, "The Saudis are very concerned about an Iranian nuclear bomb, even more that the Israelis."

So it appears that The Saudis and Egyptians have adopted a strategic principle from Muhammad - "the enemy of my enemy is my friend!"

Referring to a leak from a ‘diplomatic source', The London Sunday Times reported that Saudi officials have agreed in secret talks with Mossad Chief Meir Dagan to turn a blind eye to Israeli planes if they fly over kingdom to attack Iranian nuclear sites.

In any Muslim secret understanding with Israel, it is understood that they must always have public "deniability". And as soon as the Sunday Times reported this leak, the denials from the Saudis, Egyptians and Israel were predictably immediate.

* Factor 3: Another factor that indicates that an Israeli attack on Iran is imminent was revealed on July 3rd. DEBKAfile gave a special report on an Israeli Dolphin class submarine's move from the Mediterranean to the Indian Ocean via the Suez Canal. This was ostensibly done to take part in naval maneuvers in the Eilat-Red Sea area. This submarine has the ability to launch advanced nuclear-armed cruise missiles through its torpedo tubes. This is a necessary capability for any future attack against Iran's nuclear facilities. It could not only launch a second strike, but also be used to pick up downed Israeli airmen. For this submarine to move through the Suez Canal required Egyptian approval. And once again, Egypt denied any such thing took place, even though there are pictures of the sub moving through the canal.

* Factor 4: In a startling interview by ABC's George Stephanoupolos of VP Joseph Biden, a tacit "green light" seems to have been telegraphed to Israel that the U.S. will not interfere with any future attack on Iran's nuclear facilities. During the interview, Mr. Biden said, "Look, Israel can determine for itself - it's a sovereign nation - what's in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else."

* Factor 5: The most important factor to me is that according to many Bible prophecies about the "last days" reborn State of Israel, it cannot be destroyed. The Messiah will return to a hopelessly surrounded Israeli State and miraculously deliver it. He will then take Israel's believing remnant and turn the state into the center of the Kingdom of Heaven on earth for a thousand years. If Iran gets nuclear weapons, as reported in another article on this report, It could and would destroy Israel in seconds.

#176 ·
Hey everyone.

I am NOT a religious Mad man!!!!

But, I do believe in GOD and, the Lord Jesus CHRIST!

Absolutely Nobody from this site or me is trying to CONVERT anyone!!!!!

Thank GOD they have NOT driven me away as of yet!!!

Listen and judge.

Make it apparent if you disagree!

The freedom of speech is here in pronounced and evident.

GOD BLESS THIS USA!

My Country and homeland!

I hope we can can at least keep a lid on it?

GOD BLESS YOU!

MY AMERICAN BROTHERS!!

But, we know we can!

:) :) :) :)

CHEERS!!!!!!

#177 ·
Major powers meeting in Italy have given Iran until September to accept negotiations, but were vague about the possible consequences if it failed to do so.

Western countries believe Iran is trying to build an atomic bomb. Tehran says it developing nuclear technology to generate electricity and has so far rejected all overtures for talks.

There has been constant speculation that Israel might attack Iran to try to destroy its nuclear installations, with U.S. Vice President Joe Biden saying earlier this week that Israel had a sovereign right to decide what were its best interests.

Sarkozy urged against any military action.

"A unilateral attack (by Israel) would be an absolute catastrophe," he told reporters during the annual summit of the Group of Eight rich nations.

"Israel should know that it is not alone and should follow what is going on calmly," he said, adding that he had not received any assurances that Israel would hold off on any action ahead of the September deadline.

Sarkozy said patience with Iran was running thin.

"For the past 6 years we have extended our hand saying stop your nuclear armament program ... Do they want discussions or don't they want them? If they don't, there will be sanctions," he told reporters.

Russia blocked Western countries at the G8 from immediately pushing for further sanctions.

#180 · (Edited)
my thoughts exactly!!!!our boys are being put through the wrinnger!
they come back from deployment just so they can be redeployed elswhere!!
somtimes with little break in between
although thats our millitarys role to be ready for deployment
it gets damn tiring!!!

#181 ·
Israel warships pass through Suez
Israeli submarine in Mediterranean, 5 May, 2008
The Israeli navy is reported to be "sending a message" to Iran

Two Israeli warships have sailed through the Suez Canal between the Mediterranean and the Red Sea, Israeli and Egyptian officials say.

Israeli media described the passage of the two Saar class missile boats as a "message" to Iran.

Israel believes Iran's nuclear programme is aimed at developing nuclear weapons, something Iran denies.

Israeli officials say an Israeli submarine used the canal in June, returning on 5 July.

An Israeli official said deployment of the two ships was linked to the Israeli navy's "recent activities around the Red Sea".

Correspondents say that although Israel vessels regularly use the canal, the recent moves have - unusually - been publicised by the Israelis.

Shlomo Brom, of the Israeli Institute for National Security Studies, said: "I believe (the news) was likely leaked on purpose in order to signal to Iran that Israel has the capability of reaching them."

Israel has said repeatedly that it will not rule out the possibility of taking military action against Iran over the nuclear issue.

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmad Aboul Gheit told the BBC that warships had the right to use the canal provided they had no aggressive intent towards Egypt.

#182 ·
TEHRAN (Reuters) – Newly re-elected President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Thursday his next government "would bring down the global arrogance," signaling a tougher approach by Tehran toward the West after last month's disputed election.

Ahmadinejad, in his first provincial trip after the June 12 presidential vote, said Iran's enemies had tried to interfere and foment aggression in the country, referring to mass opposition protests against the official election result.

The hardline president, who often rails against the West, said the Islamic Republic wanted "logic and negotiations" but that Western powers had insulted the Iranian nation and should apologize.

Iranian leaders often refer to the United States and its allies as the "global arrogance."

"As soon as the new government is established, with power and authority, ten times more than before, it will enter the global scene and will bring down the global arrogance," he told a big crowd in the northeastern city of Mashhad.

"They should wait as a new wave of revolutionary thinking ... from the Iranian nation is on the way and we will not allow the arrogant (powers) to even have one night of good sleep," Ahmadinejad said, according to state broadcaster IRIB.

Opposition leader Mirhossein Mousavi, Ahmadinejad's main challenger in the election, says it was rigged in the incumbent's favor. The authorities reject charges of vote fraud.

Iran has accused Britain and the United States, which have criticised a crackdown on opposition protests, of interfering in its internal affairs. London and Washington reject the charge.

"In this recent election the enemy tried to bring the battlefront to the interior of this country," Ahmadinejad said.

"But I have told the enemies ... that this nation ... will strike you in the face so hard you will lose your way home," he said in comments translated by English-language Press TV.

He also voiced continued defiance in a row over Iran's disputed nuclear ambitions, saying major powers "will not be able to take away the smallest amount of Iran's rights."

Iran says its nuclear program is for peaceful power purposes. Western countries suspect it is aimed at making bombs.

(Reporting by Zahra Hosseinian; writing by Fredrik Dahl; editing by Philippa Fletcher)

#183 ·
On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," we're going to stay right here in the United States. Unfortunately, it's a United States I'm recognizing less and less every day.

One would have thought that with the election of America's first black President, the use of the race card would be greatly diminished. It seems the opposite is true. In fact, since the election of 2008, I'm hearing the charge of 'racism' thrown around more than ever before in my memory. And more often than not, those charges seem to flow from 'left' to 'right.'

You may be surprised to learn that, contrary to popular opinion, the left may be far more racist and intolerant than the right has ever been. The strategy of the left is obvious. Broad brush everything the right believes and does as 'racist' or arising from deep-seated racism. By doing so, the liberals cow the conservatives into silence.

In just the past few days, two major judiciary figures have come face-to-face with this issue -- and both are considered members of the far left. This suggests that perhaps the darkest racism of all lurks in the high halls of power.

This week, I'm going to discuss the 'racism ploy' in greater detail. It may be the left's greatest tool in their struggle to limit -- or eliminate -- our right of free speech. I'll also look at the alarming growth in the use of the "hate group" label. If you're reading this e-mail, you're already considered an 'extremist' by some branches of our government. Some of you may actually be on a 'watch list.' And we'll all be muzzled by the 'hate crime' and 'hate speech' legislation pending before Congress right now. (Just today Senator Harry Reid smuggled a 'hate crimes' amendment into a defense budget bill currently before the Senate.)

Finally, this week I'm also going to examine the impact of Roe v. Wade on the loss of respect for the sanctity of life in America -- and what that bodes for our future.

Don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration, CPM Network, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or HisChannel - Christian TV.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

#184 ·
On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," I'll tell you about an unfortunate case that illustrates the danger of nationalized health care. I say 'unfortunate' because had the British citizen lived in the United States, his experience may have been completely different -- and almost certainly more positive.

In a humorous, but chilling, foreshadowing of things to come, the Senate recently began dabbling in health care insurance coverage. If you smoke pot, crack cocaine, or hash, you've nothing to worry about. However, if you smoke tobacco in your pipe, you're in trouble.

Speaking of pot, can you guess what California's number one cash crop is now? It's causing quite a stir in Sacramento. If marijuana were taxed like liquor, it could add $1.3 billion dollars per year to the state's empty coffers. Is that what the old Gold Rush prospectors meant when they proclaimed, "Thar's gold in them thar hills!"?

As individual states (and the nation as a whole?) edge closer to legalizing certain drugs, we need to keep in mind the warning of the Apostle John in the Book of Revelation. He cites four major sins that will explode in prevalence as we approach the Tribulation -- and rampant drug use is one of them. Arguably, the other three may flow from it.

German and Israeli intelligence sources warn that Iran is within months of testing a nuclear device. The Iranians have been attending and observing North Korea's recent flurry of missile and nuclear tests. Noting the Obama administration's lack of resolve following North Korea's grievous violation of multiple UN resolutions, Iran can only conclude that the US will do nothing to stop it from going forward. And just this week, while visiting Thailand, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton confirmed that conclusion.

I sometimes watch these events and marvel at how short our collective memory is. Do you remember what Saddam Hussein told an interviewer after his capture? He said that he had underestimated George W. Bush. Saddam was shocked that President Bush actually invaded Iraq even though he had warned that he would. Saddam implied that he felt he could get away with anything because the Presidents before Bush had lacked the nerve to take any meaningful action. Obama's handling of North Korea and Iran remind me of a phrase I often employ: "Same song, second verse."

One of the least secret "secret" military contingency plans on earth is Israel's pre-determined response to a nuclear attack. It's called the "Samson Option." You've heard me discuss it before. Another less familiar historical event also influences Israel's mindset toward its own last-ditch defense. It's called the "Masada Complex." Both of those plans deserve renewed attention because Israel, like never before, is being pushed into a corner. Ironically, its oldest allies and friends may force the tiny nation to employ its most desperate options.

Finally, last Monday was the 40th anniversary of the historic first moon landing. Everybody knows Neil Armstrong's memorable words, "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." But what is almost universally unknown is that hours before Armstrong spoke those words from the lunar surface, Buzz Aldrin spoke the words of Christ and observed communion in the quiet stillness of the Lunar Module. I'll tell you that moving story.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

#185 ·
On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report," I'll begin a two-part series on what I believe to be the most important verse in the most important chapter in the Bible: John 3:16. It is a summary of the very heart of all that the Bible is seeking to say.

I first presented this series at the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009. Since then, many of you have written to request that we air it again.

As we enter the 'dog days of summer', it seems like the heat is cranked up everywhere. It's not just the weather that's sizzling, but it seems a lot of things are on the verge of crashing and burning: our economy, the health care industry, the banking industry, our government, foreign affairs, and the list goes on.

During these times of great uncertainty and stress, I think it's wise to step back and refocus on the most important things in life -- our families, our health, our freedoms, our blessings, and our personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It's amazing how our perspective can be brightened when we think on these things. But there's nothing that compares to the encouragement we receive when we remember that "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

Enjoy the waning days of summer and the happy prospects of eternal life with our Lord and Savior. And don't miss this week's Report on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, Inspiration, various local stations, The Hal Lindsey Report or HisChannel - Christian TV.

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey

#187 ·
We will leave ISRAEL to do it for themselves. Our current administration is not going to help our ally in need.

We will be involved when IRAN sends some tasty treats in our direction. But, the old sleeping RUSSIAN BEAR might wake up and get into it as well. Usually, if you don't piss of a bear, it will just leave you alone. But, Russia, has a game plan already on the table for when the recipe gets in place to be applied.

#188 ·
Washington has given Tehran until September to respond to an offer of dialogue. The hope is that diplomacy can bring Iran back from the brink. The test will be whether it is prepared to abide by international safeguards. These would allow it to build a legitimate civilian nuclear programme, which it is doing with Russian help at Bushehr. But it would mean stricter supervision of its more suspect facilities at Natanz and Arak.

If Iran chooses not to engage with Washington and rejects a negotiated deal on its nuclear facilities then America, Britain and France will press for harsher United Nations sanctions against Tehran. These will take effect only if Russia and China, who hold the right of veto at the UN Security Council, drop objections to tighter economic measures.

At this point the future looks bleak. If diplomatic efforts fail and if Iran presses ahead with its ambitions, then the Middle East may be headed for the most serious conflict in decades. Israel’s policy is that it prefers a diplomatic settlement but that “all options remain on the table”. By that it means using force to destroy Iran’s nuclear facilities, probably with air and missile strikes. Iran would be likely to respond and within days the region would threaten to become embroiled in a terrible war.

Many doubt that Israel would be prepared to take such a dangerous step, particularly since experts believe that Iran has the ability to rebuild the key uranium enrichment site within two to three years.

Who runs Iran in the coming months and years is not just a matter for Iranians.

This is now a global issue

#189 ·
Now, TWO RUSSIAN WAR SHIPS I would guess are completely armed with NUKE missels and everything it takes to flatten the East coast are doing what the NAZI SUBS did in WWII. When the order comes to light us up, guess who will have at least a couple dozen armed Nuke Warheads ready to sing? This is RIGHT NOW my bros!

Hezbola has 40,000 armed misles ready to pop Israel. Can't say I thought it was a good idea to pop IRAN when time were a little better? I did not say it. But, they did not act in accord?

Everybody is poised on a trigger. But now, a real hard core trigger! Ones just sat and let it transpire to this. Now, it may be too late?

Kind of wished it would have waited till the weather got a bit cool here in south first? However, I think the firestorm is going to erupt here anytime? Just our luck!

Hang on tight my bros!!!!
get ready!

#191 ·
The Chess pieces are getting into position, when will China drops the dollar and move on Taiwan? Look for Russia to black mail the Europeans for oil & gas as the recession gets worse. And lastly Iran striking first in my opinion. Israel will wait to long to do anything.
I hope I'm wrong!!!

#193 ·
I really wish we were all wrong! After working hard all of my life and now, this?

Each week ticks on by. More wars and rumors of wars.

The morning I really dread. If the TV is still working? News and or government emergency signals. The good easy life you have known is over. The US mainland is now like all of the rest of the world.

Your forefathers who fought with HONOR to keep this land free and special unlike the SHIT elsewhere in the world really did it for the ******** and, other freeloaders!

The FREE RIDE is almost over for many!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.