Gunco Forums banner

LA RUE REDDOT SIGHT MOUNT

6K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  BlackFetus 
#1 ·
#4 ·
IM THINKING A LITTLE MILL WORK AND A CHEAPER RED DOT COULD BE MADE TO WORK ON A SIMULAR HOME MADE MOUNT FOR UNDER $50. THE BURRIS LOOKS TO BE THE THE LOWEST PROFILE IN MY BOOKS. I DONT CARE ABOUT THE COWITNESS OF THE THE ORIGINAL SIGHT IN FACT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE/NOT INSTALL THE FRONT SIGHT.

NATCHEZZES HAS THE BURRIS OPTIC FOR $170 THAT MEANS THEY ARE GETTING AROUND $110 FOR THE MOUNT ITSELF.

#6 ·
Yes a 2 moa would be better, this rig is optimum @ 50 yds or less. very fast to get on target, great for low light condition. Dot sight has built in intensity and suits me very well in this regard, in dark condition the dot flashes about 2 times a second I would not have thought I would like that, but after trying it I like it better than a constant light. La Rue in addition to the mount, has made a protective cover cover for the Burris optic to help protect it. When you see a picture of it you are acually seeing the protective aluminium cover not the dot site. The protective hood is secured to the sight base with 4 screws. I have also found that it is possible to remove the action cover without removing the locking bar and tipping the optic and base up as the instructions say. I have it on a Romy G so this might not be the same for all AK's All in all I am pleased with this sight system, very light weight, very well made.

#8 ·
Excellent idea, design and price point IMO. I've been watching this rollout and been hoping the reviews would be really good - can't afford to put micro aimpoints on several guns!

Initial reviews I've read were pretty positive in most regards (I don't pay attention to generic rants and broad blanket statements about products).
Have been waiting for some more specific feedback after the units have been in use awhile - let others be the guniea pig right ;-)
Recently saw a rather negative review of the unit by someone so I'm still holding off getting one.
Has anyone else seen, or know of anyone who has been running one of these to any degree?

I know its not going to withstand river crossings or buried in mud, and I dont plan on betting my life on one in the Middle East, but a nice affordable dot for practice and general use/defense would be nice.

Cheers to all

HarvKY

#19 ·
I was going to post about making one like "BlackFetus" but he beat me to it. I saw one simular to this one that one of my buddies made. The only differance was he had a screw in the back of the sight section to hold it tight agenst the sight well for 0% movement. I don't quite remember how it was tapped , I'm thinking it was in the rear part of the sight base? Don't remember. Best part it didn't need to be disturbed to clean. He did have to weld a long skinny tapered wedge on for extra strength, it got dropped and it cracked the original weld a bit but that took care of that. His works well and is solid, for military use it may not be strong enough but for the average joe it works well, sense we don't have to duck for cover very often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.