Gunco Forums banner

Levang Linear Compensator?

5K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  pale horse 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever used a Levang Linear Compensator? Its supposed to direct the muzzle blast some what forward and away from the shooter. Does it actually work or is it really just a gimmic?

#3 ·
Thanks, I have it from a good source that the jolly fat man will be leaving one for me. I could care less about any reduction in recoil, but would like it to direct some of the sound blast forward to keep me from going any more deaf when I don't get the ear plugs in fast enough.

#9 ·
I finally got around to shooting my 20' heavy barrel ar with the levang comp on it. I initally thought it a gimmic and wouldn't work very well. All I can say is WOW!!! what a difference it makes. You still get most of the snap but not the concussion of the shot. It sounded more like shooting my 17hmr than the 223. I don't even think the levang on the gun it was as loud as the 17hmr. I even had my buddy shoot it and stood off to the side. The gun is still just as loud as ever, but its directed away from the shooter so as long as you're directly behind the gun it sure seems quieter. I will get another one for my 16" carbine and for my other 20 barrels as well. My buddies also thought it worked and wants one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.