Gunco Forums banner

NFA SBR pics

5K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  mathayus 
#1 ·
Here are a few photos of my AKS-74U

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
blitz2311, I bought the stock assembly from an AR15 web forum member for $375. I ordered a stock set from Andrei Kouznetsov for about $175 just before the government shut down his import sales from Russia. It was just my luck that I never received it. I talked to this guy several times through e-mail, and I feel he is a good guy. I enjoyed our conversation. I ordered a complete front end part # AK-104B for about $350, an AK-046S carrier for $75, an AK-058BWS bolt for about $70, I think an AK-339 recoil spring assembly for $32, I used a virgin top cover from K-Var for about $20, A trigger guard from a board member from another forum, but I forgot what I paid for it, a gas tube and safety lever from K-Var and I cannot recall the cost. Randy Kline put the kit together for about $600. That comes to about $1550 if I add the K-Var shipping and other small parts I left out. Of course the tax stamp was $200, and it took a little over two years to gather the parts, acquire the tax stamp, and the build time. Was it worth it? You bet it was!

Thanks for the comments and complements guys.

Bradrock, did you find a canvas drop case?

Well jonmorry333, it shoots and handles like… Uh… like an AK. :thumbup1: Randy did a fantastic job on the build. The finish is Dura-Coat over park.

Guys, I think I’m going back in time. I plan on having a custom rifle built like the one at this link . I ordered the stock for it last Monday.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.