Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELK RIVER tool not a good company

12K views 85 replies 30 participants last post by  sniper69 
#1 ·
Buy NDS they are much more honorable to their word

.Elk river is problematic they alow one person to promise you one thing then the owner comes along and changes it . IF YOUR EMPLOYEE STATES SOMETHING TO A CUSTOMER YOUR BEEFS WITH THEM >BUT YOU SHOULD HONOR WHAT YOUR PAID REPRESENTATIVES SAY (Stephanie) . I explained my problem ,and told Stephanie what I had done to try to repaitr the broken welds myself with my spotwelder since my kit was built when the broken welds on the rail were detected. .She said send it in for an immediate replacement . I did ,i was out of town on buisness and the owner said i was somehow my building or something I did ,grinding the rails .I am sorry but your receivers are too tight and require rails to be trimmed slightly . And that would not heat up spot weld to break .you must think I am a chump . So you said you can repair it .I said screw it (stephanie said replacement ) you said repair . I didnt want a repaired receiver so I ordered another one ,you did knock 25 dollars off . You then stated you would still repair and send back the bad receiver . Then your spotwelder broke . To this day I never received my receiver .It still has my rear trunion attached . For one thing Stephanie promised replacement even though I told her I tried to spotweld it since my money was wound up in the build already and know I had to start from scratch .I have had problems with you not solved to this day . And i let every single person I deal with know that . I am a well known member of many AK sites and an avid builder . Your spot welder fixed yet? Wheres my receiver .For an over 6 month wait you should honor what your company representative said .I was nice to you to buy a second receiver when you didnt honor her word to begin with .now its principles . You should send a new receiver like Stephanie originaly promised period ....I was too good to you and allowed you to slide . Now 6 months late no returned receiver . Or any e mails or anything to say whats going on .I need my rear trunion .bought another at my cost again to finish my build .So your bad spotweld cost me a new receiver minus your 25 dollars and a rear trunion and milling down the trunion to fit a 1.6 receiver . Yeah your a great guy .

See less See more
#6 ·
hey! vlad, thanks for the heads up on them, i think i will take them off my list for now. keep us posted.

ron
Cap'n,

Hector Bennett is a FIRST CLASS individual.

Hector is no different than any other employer that has problems with product and/or employees from time to time, but if I had a problem with his goods I would not call his flippin' secretaty, and..I would not have my WIFE make the call!

Bobby

I'm looking forward to your next generation receivers. IMHO, due to the problems in the past with the Armory receivers, they are a close but still second best to the NDS receivers. Rock on dudes, I'd really like to see a better receiver. Nothing like some good old fashion competition where the end user gets the absolute finest receiver.

Now, how bout a new dimple design......... :D
CLS,

Please bring an old friend up to speed on what was wrong with Armory's receivers?

Thanks,

RJW,Sr

#3 ·
I remember this receiver. I was amazed when I saw it, it was ground on and beat badly.

You not only ground the top rails but the both internal rails, if I remember correctly.

You should have atleast called before you did any modifications to the receiver and I would have issued a call tag for return and replacement but you didn't.

Vladimir, you returned a beat to hell receiver that YOU beat to hell. You took it upon yourself to do these things and I still worked with you and gave you a discount on new receiver. Should I have done more???? Someone please tell me!!!!

When I first came here and Armory had the problem with the heat treating I replaced many receivers on my dime, I didn't have to. If the customer had built a rifle on it, I had it rebuilt on a good receiver on my payroll, yes I did that!

How many other companies would do that. I did it because I feel for the customer and because I want the customer to have a quality product I will go out of my way to make sure it happens as my record shows.

I did not know that there was an issue not resolved. I will look into it tomorow.

As for the other receivers out there, you guys need to look into several issues with them. Just because the trunnion holes are there doesn't mean they are better. You may want to check the bends, the hardness and the diameter of the non heat treated center support tube as well as the heads of the rivet that hold the tube inplace. These are very critical.

These are issues I will address when I release our new receivers as well as a "Bullet Strike Proof" suppressor that we are prototyping that will amaze you.

I like this forum, I think I will hang out here.

#5 ·
I'm looking forward to your next generation receivers. IMHO, due to the problems in the past with the Armory receivers, they are a close but still second best to the NDS receivers. Rock on dudes, I'd really like to see a better receiver. Nothing like some good old fashion competition where the end user gets the absolute finest receiver.

Now, how bout a new dimple design......... :D

#8 ·
Hey Bob !!

One thing, same as what Hector was talking about, was bending of receivers due to heat treat method. Second problem I always had with them was the axis pin holes were not concentric. I always figured this was due to the receiver not being mounted properly by technician cutting the holes. Third thing I noticed was that the lower rung on the bolt rail was not machined well and did not match the width of the opening on the mag well - particularily on the 5.45 receiver. I sorta remember Jimmy saying something along the line that the original bolt rail stock was not wide enough to be able to get this correct since the 5.45 has a narrower magazine and thus needs a wider bolt rail lower rung. Fourth, the funky looking dimples. While considered only cosmetic by many, they had a flat chested look...if you will. I was also always under the impression that the dimples should be of such depth that the inside width match the width of the mag well opening. And finally fifth, the stepped bolt carrier rail machining was not consistent throughout the receiver length and was in many occasions not symmetric in width from right to left rail and visa versa.

I do not mean to be a overly critical of the product, but since you asked, these are the items I remember from a few years ago when the Armory receivers hit the market. I believe where you lost market share was in the inability of getting the product on the street consistently (due to heat treat problems) and quite frankly, NDS listened and implemented what the customer wanted in a receiver (including a indenture for the trigger group on the bottom of the receiver and an indenture for the AK-74 selector hole on the left side of the receiver, stamping on the bottom (thanks 555th - I forgot about that one), etc). This is where NDS blew away the Armory receiver.

This is all just my opinion and observances, right or wrong. All of these conditions are, IMHO, easy enough to resolve given right man at the wheel and it sure sounds like Hector is the right guy judging strictly from what he writes.

CLS
- 52 with a lot to do !!

#13 ·
Ok, well you said that you would spot weld and send it back but your spot welder was broke at the time. It has been 4 months and I still haven't received it. Last time we called Stephanie said the spotwelder was still broke .I said I just want my trunion back .I did grind the rails with a dremil ,whats that got to do with broken spot welds ? your receivers are out of spec and if a mag wont go past the rails .what do you do ? You sir are a liar .return my rear trunion and I will be happy .I told you from the begining I could care less if you sent the receiver back or not ,it was you that insisted on it .And now you switch and change your word . Just do as you say you would do .

#17 ·
Sounds great. I'd like to know what's been happening on these since the old Armory days. I'm sure they have made many improvements in quality of manufacture.

I really enjoyed being able to drive down a few blocks to pick up a new receiver. Couldn't have been more convenient. Heck, maybe I'll just go on over and pick one up and check it out :D

#18 ·
Sounds great. I'd like to know what's been happening on these since the old Armory days. I'm sure they have made many improvements in quality of manufacture.

I really enjoyed being able to drive down a few blocks to pick up a new receiver. Couldn't have been more convenient. Heck, maybe I'll just go on over and pick one up and check it out :D
Email sent.

#19 ·
Vladimir, now you called me a liar.

Sir, that is childish. I have been civil and I will remain civil. Even though this isn't a severe insult this is why I don't frequent these boards.

Sir, your wife called and said that a rail had broken, period, of course I'm gonna tell them that we would replace the receiver!!

When the receiver arrives it's butchered and I don't care who knows you on AK sites and if your an avid builder that doesn't make you valid, this receiver was BUTCHERED and I repeat BUTCHERED!!!! You even admit you took a dremel not a mill or drill press with a mill bit, so that makes you a qualified builder????

Now you think I'm a chump.

15 years ago when I started working on AK's I had a dremel, a drill press and files for turning down barrels. That still didn't make me a qualified builder. Also to clear it up I was only replacing barrel components and stock sets then. The next year I started trying riveting on Krinks receivers, what a joke!!

I offered to give you a discount for the replacement and because you can't suck up the fact that you BUTCHERED the receiver and think just because YOU think your well known and an avid builder that you're gonna get away with this...your wrong.

People if I'm wrong speak out and if Vladimir is wrong speak out. Don't defend injustice because you know this guy.

Update on the BUTCHERED receiver. By the serial number that has been recorded it's an Armory receiver NOT AN ELK RIVER RECEIVER.

When I have completed my investigation in this I will post it here.

#20 ·
Update:

The receiver was an Armory USA 1.6mm 7.62X39 receiver NOT AN ELK RIVER receiver. We have only recently stocked ERTD 1.6mm.

The receiver was BUTCHERED and demilled when it came in NO REAR TRUNNION.

I must say again that the reason I don't cruise these forums is because members start to run their mouths about something they know nothing about or because they're pissed off and don't think before they run their mouth then others pile in because it's their internet friend and it gets out of control.

This is a small example.

Vladimir, I don't expect an apology because of the childish behavior you have shown so far but here's to ya :cheers:

Take care

#21 ·
People if I'm wrong speak out and if Vladimir is wrong speak out. Don't defend injustice because you know this guy.
I don't know either of you and I don't think there's enough info for any to take sides other then those that know the whole story and what the receiver looked like.

That's my $.02

#24 ·
Well said. Not enough facts to tell, but your offering to make things right so I applaud you for that. And I would take him up on his offer and start fresh on a new page with each other. This board has always been friendly since I have been here, let's make it so gentleman. :cheers:

#23 ·
I owe Vladimir an apology....

Vladimir, I have the Armory USA 1.6mm receiver in hand that was returned and it does have the rear trunnion installed. I will send it back to you Monday. Please call to verify your address.

To clear things up on the receiver IT WAS NOT an Elk River receiver.

Because of the BS involved with this whole deal I would like to offer you a free receiver if your interested with my apology for not returning the rear trunnion.

Take care

#30 ·
Vladimir, I have the Armory USA 1.6mm receiver in hand that was returned and it does have the rear trunnion installed. I will send it back to you Monday. Please call to verify your address.

To clear things up on the receiver IT WAS NOT an Elk River receiver.

Because of the BS involved with this whole deal I would like to offer you a free receiver if your interested with my apology for not returning the rear trunnion.

Take care
Vladimir that's one hell of a apology and offer.
Hope you take him up on it (sounds like you will get a better receiver in the bargain as well)
Way to go Confederate.

#31 ·
I had the privilege of meeting Hector (AKA Confererate) today over at ERT&D. He really came across as a standup guy and it was a pleasure talking with him. He took the time to show me several items he has in the works. You can tell he takes great pride in his work, his products and what they've done and plan to do to improve their manufacturing. This ain't no Armory USA spinoff of yesterday. I already know I plan to be visiting ERT&D as often as I can.

Hector BTW: I got the Saiga .308 barrel pressed out and still need the lathe work.

#33 ·
Thank you gentleman for the feed back.

Vladimir, I have'nt heard from you. I still have your trunnion on my desk ready to ship as well as a 1mm receiver in 7.62 or 5.45 unless you would like a 1.6mm, I will have them in about a month.

I will have some samples of our new receiver soon...about 2 weeks. I will post pictures before I send them to heat treat and when they return. I will have the following samples;

Bulgy 74
Bulgy sidefold
AKM
Underfold (Polish/Hungarian)

All will have rivet holes for ease in assembly. I'm still thinking about the AMD side fold as well.

#40 ·
Thank you gentleman for the feed back.

Vladimir, I have'nt heard from you. I still have your trunnion on my desk ready to ship as well as a 1mm receiver in 7.62 or 5.45 unless you would like a 1.6mm, I will have them in about a month.

I will have some samples of our new receiver soon...about 2 weeks. I will post pictures before I send them to heat treat and when they return. I will have the following samples;

Bulgy 74
Bulgy sidefold
AKM
Underfold (Polish/Hungarian)

All will have rivet holes for ease in assembly. I'm still thinking about the AMD side fold as well.
I have had some problems recently that kept me on regular sites and not surfing .This is not my regular haunt .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.