Gunco Forums banner

Magazines still cheap and available

32K views 242 replies 39 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
The one thing which is still easy to get these days are good magazines for AK, Ar15, UZI.......... Lots of sources and pretty good prices abound. A good investment for the future. But, finding ammo to put in them is the hard deal now. :frown:

#146 ·
All of our local guns stores look like they where robbed nothing left and the Wal-Mart and other retail stores here have nothing but hunting rifles and some pistols. Alaska was the last State I thought would have panic buying
And I have friends and family calling wanting to know if I have anything for sale........DAMMMIT I should have invested my 401K money I could have easily doubled or tripled my money <G>

#148 ·
i'm like thinking didn't we warn everybody repeatedly way back when the big "O" got in the first time to start picking up mags?

everybody should have know that some kind of anti gun action was imminent as soon as the big "O" got re-elected. it was just waiting for the big disaster to set things in motion.

i had plenty of mags over from the clinton era --back when mags were still cheap i would toss two or three in the cart every time i bought something so i certainly ain't hurting for mags.

everybody did get caught a little out to dry as this disaster happened so soon after the election.

i got a few parts to pick up for a couple builds --but i got at least 80% of them.

all i can say is these guys that are doing all this panic buying --should have been listening cause the alarm has been blowing loud and clear here at gunco for at least the last 4 years--

#150 ·
i'm like thinking didn't we warn everybody repeatedly way back when the big "O" got in the first time to start picking up mags?

everybody should have know that some kind of anti gun action was imminent as soon as the big "O" got re-elected. it was just waiting for the big disaster to set things in motion.

i had plenty of mags over from the clinton era --back when mags were still cheap i would toss two or three in the cart every time i bought something so i certainly ain't hurting for mags.

everybody did get caught a little out to dry as this disaster happened so soon after the election.

i got a few parts to pick up for a couple builds --but i got at least 80% of them.

all i can say is these guys that are doing all this panic buying --should have been listening cause the alarm has been blowing loud and clear here at gunco for at least the last 4 years--
I asked you a month or so ago about some mags and you helped me out. I had a feeling about something fixing to go to HELL! So I ordered up 16 new mags for 5.56 and some extras for the CZ75B. These all made here the week of that Sandy Hook deal.

I assembled another AR15 last month for good measure too.

Folks got to do for themselves. There is only so far you can go to help people.

#157 ·
as of today
P-mags are going for $30 plus
eg bakelite 5.45 about $20-to 40 depending who is selling them and that price has held for the past month
ak-47 euro mags are also hold ing at around $20 mag

ar-15 gi mags 30rds are going for around $20 a piece up from $12 last month
20 rd gi mags seem to be non existant

there are still some good bargins, I am getting tired of say where thats because you guys are still trying to buy through retailers

#163 ·
I just tripped over a box of them yesterday. I don't even have any HK's

So much work to take pics & list on gunbroker though. I'll probably just throw em in the mudhole...

#164 ·
Find a buddy who is likes to make money for doing almost nothing, drop them off at his house and tell him just split the profit with you for his effort.
That's what I do sometimes because I don't really have the time or desire to monitor that crap. He's happy about it because it boosts his trader rating and he gets paid with no monetary investment involved, just his time.

#165 ·
I've done that before, people are usually happy to not have to waste time selling something and are happy to have an item(s) sold. :)

#167 ·
Will the g-3s fit the cetmes . I need more mags :)

#172 ·
Well for AR mags - mako still has them in stock for a decent price. They are steel and not aluminum. Here is a link M16/AR15 Steel 30 rd 5.56x45mm Magazine - White Follower

and if IIRC if you are a member at arfcom you can use the code ARFCOM at checkout and get 5% off the order if over $100. Plus you can use the code FREE-GRND for free shipping. From what I understand you can use both together for more savings. :)

Also cdnn has some of the fn 30 rd. steel AR mags (made in Belgium) still in stock for $29.99.

#175 ·
The last mags I bought were USGI AR mags for under $9/each a couple days after Sandy Hook. I haven't bought any since (even if available) as prices are higher than I am willing to pay. I figure the procrastinators can pay through the nose if they want. I am well set until the Feral Government decides to ban and confiscate.

#177 ·
i figure a hi-cap ban is imminent as well as a bare minimum.

my advice is -- if you need a few mags (and i mean few here) and you find some and their not too insane you might ought to pick them up. even is they are $29.99 each

you may not get another chance the way things are looking.

and these mags may well have to last a long long time ---

#178 ·
My little voice in my head told me to order some 20 rounders the week of the shooting.

I picked up two more real nice C75 B, 17 rounders for my favorite pistol in the house.

At least these all showed up.

Not going to ever see these for sale again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.