Gunco Forums banner

Magazines still cheap and available

32K views 242 replies 39 participants last post by  MUSIBIKE 
#1 ·
The one thing which is still easy to get these days are good magazines for AK, Ar15, UZI.......... Lots of sources and pretty good prices abound. A good investment for the future. But, finding ammo to put in them is the hard deal now. :frown:

#183 ·
Some of these guys are finding stuff around here and there to sell. But, when it is gone it is done.

I am sure the Serbian folks have heard that we are hurting for ammo. And, they are shipping ammo here as fast as they can produce it. But, it is selling for 5 times what it did four months back.

If a BAN gets implemented, we are all SOL!

Those that can reload will have ammo until the banned powder and projectors are spent.

#184 ·
got some BO 7.62x39 mags, some 9mm mags ordered some more 9mm mags yesterday--

i haven't had much trouble getting 7.62x39 or 9mm ar-15 mags so far.

i thought when the panic hit these would be the hardest to come by --turn out it is the other way around!! the 5.56 mags are on the longest BO list.

JSE has some mags slowly coming back in stock in small batches.

hell they got a bunch of g36 mags- how many of us have a HK-g-36 though???--LOL!

if you need a few AR-15 mags, don't want to pay gouge prices and can stand to wait

my guess is the best option would be to order ASC mags from JSE --they will probably get re-stocked first.

popular ar-15 and AK mags are going to be scarce --so when a few comes along be ready to jump---

i got a few p-mags on BO-- no telling when that will get filled--maybe by the time SMG fills my BO ammo order-????-LOL????

#185 ·
teh problem is that I do believer that they are going to try and dry up all the ammunition, this way you cant say they took your guns away!, So in short I would suggest reloading and get the dies and equipment you need and get cranking, also is god trading material ,and a side line bussiness.,,,Doc

#191 ·
there are a few mags coming back in stock recently.

JSE has had a few 9mm & 7.62x39 mags back in stock , and copes has had the D&H back in stock for nearly retail price. copes had a few tapco mags for $13- a sort of normal price --

you can still back order mags for nearly retail price at several places.

CDNN and SARCO have had AR mags for $20-$29 --that charles daily 40 round mag @ cdnn for $29 ain't that far off really-- i think it is a either CMMG or C_products/ASC--

the 40 round mags were all ways quite a bit more $ than a 30 rounder --

mags are coming back on the market for more reasonable prices --a few at a time.
haven't followed AK mags much, i expect their pricing will be about the same.

i don't know about these guys paying a $100 for one mag-- obviously the politics of the day and panic buyers are going to push prices up quite a bit.

they must not be looking for a better price is all i can say.

i figure standard 30rd size mags will sort of stabilize around $20-$30 for the good ones.

production ramps up and money goes down as people buy what they can afford so sales start to taper off some.

#192 ·
Beat up EG and Russian AK mags going for 100 for 2 and NIW Colt AR mags, 100 ea at the fun show this week-end,,,,,,,CRAZY CHIT!! I saw one guy trade 7 nice Baretta 92 mags for 2 beat up EG AK mags,, WTF ??? And people buying.

That's a good thing though I guess,, I'll be putting 25 AK 30 rnd mags and 2 NIB drums on my buds table next show !!! I could use a cash infusion,,, thank you very much ,,,,,,, yomamma !

#193 ·
those beretta mags used to sell for $12 if they were US contract mags,

east german bakelites are through the roof, I was buying them in november to suppliment my supply for $25 a piece, now they are running $75 and up IF you can get to say "I will take it" fast enough WFT

#194 ·
Yup serious BS prices now,, but for me it's OK I guess,, I'm in selling mode right now, so life is good.

I didn't even see a single Bakelite one at the fun show this time around. And all the steel ones I saw were beat up ones,,, and still going for around an average of 50 ea, nuts I tell ya.

#195 ·
CDNN has some ar-15 and AK mags in their weekend sale not exactly back to retail price but not quite super gougy IF your really hurting for mags.

the ak-mags are $17 to $25 and the AR mags are $28 $29 they still have some of the CD 40 round mags for $28 --these could be a pretty decent buy cause they retail for about $19-$22 before the panic.

there is still mags around at times for retail price + a dollar or two JSE and copes have sold a few recently for $17.99 only thing is you have to catch them in stock or set out a back order.

AMMO is getting to be the real problem-- i just bought some tula 223 from wall mart today .26 a round and a three box limit--LOL! they didn't have much to sell--

#197 ·
copes HAD some 40 round ar-15 mags for $25 and some D&H mags for $17

JSE had some 9mm mags for $21 a bit over retail but not a full gouge price--

operative word is HAD-- they sell out in minutes.

no i don't think were going to see cheap mags again.

the new "deal" price is a few bucks over retail IF you can find any.

#199 ·
AR C mags with orange anti tilt follower, think that is what they are?
$22.95. Big add local gun shop.. Not that cheap, but available, all you want..
If the mag do fit, you must go wit it.
Relax guys and girls, their coming back..
Sung to the tune of "Ill be bock."

#200 ·
#201 ·
Glad I bought a couple humdred AK mags from AIM when they were $8 each and a couple hundred AR mags from DSG Arms for under $9 each. Guess I could have sold for a tidy profit though. Think I will keep mine.

#202 ·
I bought up all of them 20 rnd and 32 rnd UZI mags 6 years ago. Had my first UZI but, what was this AR15 thing all about? Got some conversion parts from RRA and assemble a first AR15 as a 9mm. Got a job several years back where I can machine anything I want after hours. So, several dozen of them UZI mags got machined into real good AR15 9mm ones. Bead blasted and parked all of them up to last.

A 9mm AR15 is such a sure hitter under 100 yards. And, what you hit gets, plastered. Without a huge blast of noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.