Gunco Forums banner

The quad 1919' are together... at last

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Bolt2Bounce2 
#1 ·
I just finished riveting together the last one of the three 1919's I had started building more than a year ago... I still need to do some machine work on the internal parts, but they are together... Test fire and parking, will be next... Maybe another year... B2B

See less See more
#2 ·
:kewlpics: Sweet. But I'd sure hate to pay the food bill for that. :)

#6 ·
A quad mound would be nice but I doubt I could pay the ammo bill either, but I'll be happy with four different calibers set ups... 308 Not gonna shoot much of that at(600$) case..30-06 much better $$250 right now with CMP greek ammo 8mm will always be some around lower yet, then the 762X54R conversion the ammo is cheap even now with this panic crap.... B2B

#9 · (Edited)
No A6 or crank fire, but I do have most of the parts for the A6 conversion except for the Bipod... but I prefer spade grips to the original pistol grip... or A6 conversion...in the Semi auto 1919 the heavy trigger action gets old rather quickly, because of the heavy pull weight and the upward direction of the trigger arc. It is not a problem in the Full auto as the hand just has to do that movement once... But the spades use a much more natural hand movement to fire and it make it much more fun.. to shoot and more accurate.. I'd like spades for the four... but accessories is where you spend the bank on the 1919's pintals, T&E's, Tri-pods, headspace guages, links, belts, spade grips,spare parts , broken shell extractors..etc . not to mention ammo... B2B

#11 ·
Man that's a TON of MG's. Sad to say we actually used these in the Canadian Army right
up to 1990's as the C1 in 7.62 NATO! They are pigs as GPMG's for Infantry work...we
hated the weight so bad no one volunteered for Wpns Det. Thank goodness we finally
bought the FN MAG 58...having worked with both, i have no love for the M1919...but,
nice to see someone actually enjoying them :)

#13 ·
yeah a quad set up would be cool but I think I'd need a couple M37.. for the right hand feed to get a correct set up.. not possible with the price of M-37's these days.. I think Canada should send us the parts kits back so we can dispose of them properly...:brows: They were set up to use the M13 links... fun... B2B

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.