Gunco Forums banner

I need a yugo rpk cleaning rod

7K views 47 replies 19 participants last post by  HensonTX 
#1 ·
I just bought a yugo rpk kit to assemble. It didn't come with the cleaning rod and I need one to hold the bipod up. Anyone know where I can find one? Been looking on the net but can't find one. Thanks.

#4 ·
The cleaning rod doesn't do anything for the bipod
Yup, I just found this out on my M72 build. It passes through the bipod mount on the barrel, but it doesn't touch the mount at all. The FSB limits the rotation of the bipod mount so there's no contact with the cleaning rod. It is very close though.

BTW: I got my cleaning rod from bigmegina here on Gunco.net -> http://www.gunco.net/forums/f259/wts-rpd-romy-rpk-cleaning-rods-51256/

I won't know for sure if it's the right length for my Yugo RPK until I get the barrel pressed in. It does look very close to me though.

#5 ·
It can be made to work, but the lengths are a bit different between the Romanian and the Yugo RPK.

Romanian: 570 mm long

Yugo: 520 mm long

You'll need to cut down the rod from bigmegina else it won't fit.

#9 ·
I had to get a die custom made for thies.
I was shocked how many differant stly and length rods their actualy is.
I had some rods still around but cant find them rite now HAHA

#11 ·
I'm in the same boat as Kansasrebel, i.e., I need a couple of yugo RPK cleaning rods to "complete" my builds. And, it looks like the concensus here is that nobody has yugo RPK rods. We'll need to go the Romy rod route and shorten and thread these.

Other options short of 'do without' ?

Thanks, and (oh yeah) this gave me another chance to post bringing me closer to emancipation.

#15 ·
I still hae the die I had custom ground so I am happy to make you guys rods. I will need an estimate of how many rods to make 6, 8, 10. this way I can order the proper amount of material. also please remember it will be a couple weeks at very best in order to get material and time.
SO if you can get a list togeather I will do my best for you.
HB

#19 ·
OK guys I will get some material and start a few. I am thinking maby 10 or a dozen
sorry for delay in responce but I have been working a lot. as long as their is not a big rush I will be happy to make them, I will order material monday

#21 ·
hello guys I am still here believe it or not. just not very often.
I wated to see how much intrest their realy would be. I am sitll calling this a goand woring on material now,
thanks for hanging in their HB

#24 ·
Ok guys I know this has been slow starting BUT I will be able to ship starting next week.
If you do want a yugo rod or rods please PM me, now, and I will send you my address for the order. If you can not PM me just post in here and I will PM you or send you an email whatever works best for you.
yes I do still have the measurements for the rommy rod too.
price last is $22 delivered for one, I am happy to discount multiple rod orders because I can easy fit more than one rod in the same shipping tube.
as allways thanks for reading HB

#26 ·
NOT one PM...... anyone realy intrested? someone post in what is up, did a vendor get these in stock someware?? at lease let me know before I make a bunch that nobody wants.... I do not even have an RPK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.