Gunco Forums banner

If you had $1500 what would you get?

3K views 32 replies 23 participants last post by  joedirt1977 
#1 ·
Hello again. I started another thread about a 20 year old Colt that I was going to buy, but that fell through.

The gun will be used primarily for coyote hunting. It will also be a shtf gun when I need it.

I want to be able to accurately shoot out to 200+ yards. I want an adjustable butt stock. Removable carrying handle or no handle at all.

There are so many different options out there it is a bit overwhelming.

Optics are another concern. I would like to think I have enough money budgeted for the gun and optic so please keep that in mind.

I have had every make and model suggested to me. It seems everyone has their own opinion. Some guys like certain brands while others would never consider buying that companies gun.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#31 ·
Spend about $500 bucks more n get up to the 2K $$$ range and get a Bison Upper, stainless 18" Mid Length Gas System or a 20" barrel with the Intermediate Gas System, 6.8SPC, 1/11 twist, stainless, M4 feed ramps, PRI Gen III Free Float Forearm, Muzzle Brake of your choice (Ops Inc is my preference), lower of your choice, 1st Samco Pistol Grip, Magpul PRS Buttstock. The buttstock is a wicked piece of furnature. Adjustable cheek rest, length, its pretty nice....and it feels like a nice heavy piece of furnature rather a plastic airsoft buttstock. And it'll give you the accuracy you're looking for. Although....if you dont reload....it'll end up costing you about $23/box o 20..........

The rifle listed above is what got me started into reloading a few months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.