My Saiga Conversion - Harder than it should have been
For some reason my Saiga Conversion was more challenging than expected.
I used a single hook AK trigger of unknown origin (lets assume it's foreign.) My Saiga is 922(r) compliant with it's US made MD Arms 20 round mags.
So when installing the trigger group, initially the hammer was not being held low enough, this required me to reprofile the hammer, I also removed the sear area as well. I had to trim the top of the trigger since it interfered with the bolt as well. I used my Mill to cut the hole for the grip nut and used a US made pistol grip, and have a US made folding stock on the way. I messed up the trigger guard removing it... but knew that I could TIG weld the front part of the trigger guard. The shepherds hook wouldn't clear the bolt either... had to remove part of the top portion in order for the bolt to clear. Of course the mags needed some fitting but the instructions from MD Arms were clear and easy to follow.
I went with a UTG quad rail and a ACE Folding Stock setup. Still waiting on the ACE stock, but everything else is done. I had to remove the adjustable sights and grind down the rear sight somewhat for it to clear. For the record this was an IZ-108.
You can do it, we can help - Home Depot... ;)
Finally finished it. I am pretty happy with the outcome. Switched to a US made FCG, seems to work better and the all US furniture.