Gunco Forums banner

I don't know how many of you shoot .22

5K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
Here's a target I shot last weekend at the Civilian Marksmanship Program .22 Sporter match, at Camp Perry, Ohio:

Those of you with a squirrel rifle in the closet might enjoy this type of match:

http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/rimfire.pdf

See less See more
#5 ·
My .22 sits on top of the coat rack by the back door with a box of ammo. Whenever I get the hanckering to shoot I sit on the back deck and shoot clays I have setup on the other side of the pond on the bank. I am guessing about 110 yards. I cna hit them everytime with the .22. The .22 has a hell of a drop from 25-50 yard to out at 110.

#13 ·
I gave my Son the .22 Remington Model 341 my Dad gave to me. "Granddaddies Rifle" was made in the 1920's or 30's, and it STILL shoots really straight! My Son loves it so much, he gave his little sister the 10/22 I gave him for his 5th birthday.

We love .22LR....

Nice group by the way.

#15 ·
YEA I HAVE ACOUPLE 10-22,S TRICKED OUT WITH HEAVY BARRELS THAT WILL SHOOT DIMES AT 50 YARDS AND I HAVE ANOTHER FEW STOCK 10-22,S FOR PLINKIONG AND HUNTING, AND A SLEW OF BOLT ACTIONS AND PUMPS, EVEN A SINGLE SHOT OR TWO.

THERE THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK BY FAR AND EXCELENT FOR PRACTING TRIGGGER CONTROL.

THIS SPRING I MANAGED TO KILL A COUPLE OF PRAIRE DOGS AT 285 AND 310 YARDS WITH MY TARGET 10-22 WITH 24X OPTICS ON IT AND A TON OF RANGE FINDING AND GUESSING AND CUSSING AND OOH ALMOST! SHOTS. AFTER i GOT THE GUN DIALED IN AT 290 YARDS IT WAS SUPRISING HOW CLOSE YOU COULD GET ON EVERY SHOT. THE 310 YD KILL ONLY TOOK ME THREE SHOTS TO GET A HIT. THE 285YD SHOOT TOOK LIKE 60 TRIES LOL. i WAS STUNNED THAT IT COULD EVEN BE DONE BUT IT IS POSSABLE IF YOU GET IT ALL DIALED IN.

I HAD TORIDE THE ATV OUT AND PICK THE DAMM THING UP TO PROVE TO MY BUDDIES I HIT ONE. THEY STILL THINK IT WAS STAGED SOME HOW.

WE SPENT SOME TIME SHOOTING AT A CAN AT 290 YARDS AFTER AND SEVERAL GUYS MANAGED TO HIT IT AFTER A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF TRYING. IT HELPS THAT YOU CAN SEE THE MISSES IN THE DUST OR IT WOULD BE IMPOSSABLE.

THE 17HMR IS MY SECOND FAVORITE ITS JUST TO DAMM PRICY TO SHOOT MUCH BUT ITS A TACK DRIVER. ONE HOLE AT 50 YARDS IF THE WIND IS NOT BLOWING.

#16 ·
I picked up a Ruger Charger 22 earlier this year and had just shot it a few times at 50 yards to sight in. Went to a friends ATF party with a pile of guns and we were shooting at ranges from 25yards to >200 with various diferent guns. I was able to hit clay pidgions at 180 yards with the Charger!!!!! AMASING, I thought it was a fluke of luck but I was able to repete it on the next clip, surprised the hell out of me and everyone else. That was only the 2-3 time I ever shot it,better keep that one . 22's are just allot of fun to shoot and I'd be willing to bet that there's been more 22's put downrange than any other round ever made, combined!! Of all my 22's, my fovorite 22 is a CZ 22 bolt action that is just about the most accurate gun I've ever owned, if you can hold it still, it will cut the same hole all day long, expensive 22 but man does it shoot, better than my fancy Ruger Race Rifle that was more $'s. Hitting pennies at 100 yards is childs play with it, if you don't mind spending the $ it's the 22 to get, for out of the box accy, hands down, hell it out shoots my sub MOA weatherby 257 at 100 yards, and don't cost $2 a round to do it!!!!! What more could you ask for? LOVE my 22's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.