Gunco Forums banner

very good deal on an a-1 kit

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  bubbamauser 
#1 ·
Colt M16A1 Parts Kits HOLIDAY SPECIAL at APEX Gun Parts - Gunco.net

this is about as good a deal on the m-16a1 kits as i have seen in a long , long time.

no barrels thanks to the gooberment but still all colt GI stuff.

you'll need a lower as well.

i have been building a few with this fire control group after milling off the auto stuff and the triggers have been very good 5lb pull and very crisp. for a nearly all colt build this is tough to beat.

#3 ·
Not to dog Apex I love those guys.. but Yeah I'd agree not such a great price.. unless your thinking Colt parts are more valuable as a collector or something.. once you add a barrel a disconector plus shipping, your back to $500 plus.. and you can buy a completely built and ready to go A1 top end for around 5 bills..with out having to install all the springs, pins, etc.. taper pins are little tricky for some people to drill. some other folks had the US barrel already done a while back.. not sure that's all that cool either as it's not a chrome line barrel.. I know there a $Hit pot of military barrels out there but you talking $100 min for a barrel.. The economy's crap the gun vendors are gonna have to bend over for a while.. if they want to move products.. B2B

#5 ·
If I had some money to spend I'd get at least two of there kits but I'm taped out right now
$350 is not to unreasonable even with the missing barrel & disconector unfortunately your paying for Colts name on the parts.

#6 ·
if your building a retro with colt parts and it even has the correct delta kit!

if i was looking to build a very serious replica with all the correct shit rather than some of the "me too" parts i would pick up a couple.

course it would be better if it had the colt barrel--so thank you gooberment!--LOL!

#8 ·
what i have been doing is clipping the tail off the sear, grind off the rear spur off the hammer, i also put a dab of weld on the back of the trigger but i don't think that is absolutely a have to. you could just dob that up with a little JB weld .then i replace the safety with a regular AR 15 one.

and they you got a semi only ar-15. only have to buy one part --the ar-15 safety.

#12 ·
GunThings.com, Military Small Arms Parts Headquarters!  FNFAL, L1A1, 1919, AK, Galil still has them pre-barreled with extension, including new sling, Colt-stamped magazine, and cleaning kit; for $599.00.... imho, a better deal than APEX's parts kits. However, APEX sells the unissued sling, magazine, and cleaning kit, but no barrels or extensions. APEX's total comes to $420, with everything they have available...

If you can dress and park/paint/other finish your own barrel, you'd probably be better off getting all your stuff from APEX. If you'd like a kit that's ready to go, get it from Gunthings. :)

Just got mine ordered today from gunthings... Would rather someone with a bit more M16A1 experience barreled my next black rifle. :p

- CK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.