Gunco Forums banner

FAL

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Rahatlakhoom 
#1 ·

Imbel Receiver, G1 kit not a CAI monkey build.

See less See more
#2 ·
FN 308 Fals

Good looking Fal.
A couple of my builds.

Just love my Fals.
1st Fal built on a ORF receiver, using a GI kit.
# 2 built on a Enterprize receiver, using a GI kit.
Both rifles will hit 1" moa at 100 yards.

#6 ·
I traded my Sig 220 DAK for the FAL with 11 mags plus the scope. The first outing I shot a 1.25" group@100 yards with South African and DAG surplus. Instantly hooked on the FAL.

Nice looking rifles to you all. I was an AK up until this year. I have owned up to 14 various AK's. The FAL is my new buzz. The AK was so 2004 lol.

#7 ·
My sentiments exactly.
That is a fine looking weapon.
I built my first, STG 58 kit last winter.
I got religion brother.
This was like the undiscovered rifle, the one our Army testing program
should have adopted without hesitation.

I am currently building an FAL para. (Fal 50.63)
I've never enjoyed building anything quite as much as these.
As of yesterday...

Eyegun....OMG!
You are killing me. That is incredibly beautiful.
Could you possibly show a pic with the bi-pod legs retracted?

#11 ·
:frown:Had one 3 years ago but had to sell it till my SSDI came, just to live on SAD, SAD DAY!!! Saw stock, 6x24 scope, bipod mounted on fore arm, tons of mags and ammo, some accurizing and trigger work. What a nice toy, mine shot Very Good too, Did up some 168 Match Kings for it and OH BOY how it would shoot. Flopped a few chucks and crows with it. I honestly got a >500 yard shot on a crow and floped him with 1 shot, Impressed me and my buddie with me, of course I tried to play it cool and act like it was an every day thing, chukle chuckle. After a bit it did get to be an every-other day thing though. Then it dawned on me, IT"S THE GUN doing all the work. I had one of my buddies did the work on it and it was a nice gun to shoot, I miss the old girl. Oh well it will give me an excuse to get anouther one soon, like I'd need one!!!! I'm single and retired!!!! May be sooner than you think!!!! HUMMMM Got me thinking now!

#13 ·
One important fact you missed SSDI, and the bank mgr saying "YOU AIN'T GO NO MONEY"!!!!!!!!! WHAT,I can't be outa money I got all these checks left???????? Thats what the X used to say. The other two factors are a plus though!!!!! NO BITCHING, and LOTS of time and ammo. Don't worry , I'm still thinking. I'll do some dickering to get anouther, but my priorities now are anouther hot rod, got to leave my carbon foot print while I can ya know!!! Never had to plug in a big block!!!

#24 ·
Still, those remain 2 of my favorite builds on an FAL.
Nice parkerized and oxide contrasts. Just enough wood to set them
off. Early versions speak for themselves.

#25 ·
FAL -A beautiful weapon

I'm still investigating the capabilities of my SOCOM II, and I'm thus far highly satisfied with it, but when I see the various pictures of FALs in this thread, well, I had to stop to dry out my keyboard before I could type this, I'ze droolin' so much. It's a pain in the a** living here in California (proudly known as the Land of fruits, nuts and flakes!) I love the .308 NATO round. It makes for a heavier rifle to lug over hill and dale, but that's the only answer when you might have to really reach out and 'touch' somebody--off far away (or through).... It'll make concealment out of cover, as someone sagely observed. Beautiful weapons. I gotta get one....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.