Gunco Forums banner

Moisin Nagant M44 Question

573 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the proper way to remove the bands/clamps on the forearm of an M44?
The weapon is in perfect condition but could use a little attention to the stock.

I can imagine how to do it but don't want to risk any damage. Thanks!

#2 ·
I had one that the bands were very tight on too and I used a set of snap ring pliers, the ones that are used for external snap rings and spread outwards. That spread them enough to get them on and off with out damage to the stock/finish.. Oh yea, not the ones that have the pins, but the ones that have the flats on the pliers,it works well. If ya don't have one get a cheapy set and grind them down a bit to fit that area where the tip/point and the v on the band comes together.

Sorry I can't get a pic up of them up so you could see how I ground them , but I think you'll understand, if not I'll try to explain it better if you have any questions.
Hope this helps out.

#4 ·
No Problem JeffD, it pissed me off when I scarfed them up too, and that's how I cured that issue.

Oh yea I almost forgot, one of my friends drilled two 1/16", (i think) holes in the band to acomplish the same thing useing the pin type snap ring pliers, that also worked but I don't like extra holes and eaither way it's pretty snug getting a purchase on the ends ,so be carefull, still easy to scratch up stuff,,,, I hate scratchs!!!!! I almost think his worked a bit easyer to be honest, but I didn't want the holes in mine sense it's a pristine matching # one . That could be an option for you too if you don't mind a couple tiny inconspicious holes on the bands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.