Gunco Forums banner

AK47 parts kit for $1200.....really??

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  Jim Mac 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Some of this real overpriced stuff is quite comical. A guy over on my STENS group wanted $400 for a STEN MKIII kit! But now you see these sales hounds pushing this really hyped up over priced .300 BLACKOUT stuff.

I guess it is up to whoever to flush money down the toilet? It just freaks me out to see our bretheren falling for this HYPE?!?!

#7 ·
Well here it is. You can get a brand new AK in Africa for $50 and a chicken, but then again they don't live in a free country where you are allowed to buy and own guns... Wait that doesn't make sense.

#10 ·
HELL YOU CANT BLAME THE GUY FOR TRYING. IF HE GOT SOME IDIOT TO BUY IT GOOD FOR HIM .

ID SELL MY EXTRAMLY RARE PROTECTIVE RUST COATED ROMMY WITH UNIQUE FORWAD GRIP KIT FOR $970. ONLY SO MANY OF THESE WERE IMPORTED AN ITS GOT A REAL BARREL IN THE DEADLY 7.62X39 IT COMES WITH EXTRAS LIKE A TAPCO FLAT ONE GEUNINE MAG AN ALL THE FULL AUTO PARTS. THESE KITS ARE NO LONGER IMPORTED AN ARE GETTING HARDER TO FIND.

#14 ·
I bought four of those kits from Cope's on a prebuy for what the starting price was on that PMKMS underfolder kit! That may be the reason that no one bid on it!

#17 ·
History once again repeates itself. When the orgional Assualt weapons ban went into effect, 99.00 Sks's jumped upward as high as three hundred dollars. And many will pay what I call the panic price to get what they want, before its to late, and thats ok if it makes them feel good & they dont get ripped off. and during these times itds easy to do. Myself I shop around there are so many gun parts vendors in the States I can pick and choose. I'm sorry that other bussinesses panic during these times and have decided to stop selling items on thier own, many of which I have done bussiness with for years, Maybe its just me but when companies do things like this, It just furthers my point that the only thing that the company cares about is the bottom line.! & not thier customers concerns, wants or needs. Its diffrent if they get into hot water with ATF for something
stupid like not logging in a firearm into thier books right away. But to stop selling items
before there is any type of Ban in effect I cross them off my vendors list & will not do bussiness with them no matter what when the smoke clears, due to thier actions speak louder than words. So if one stops selling items and there is no current law against selling
those items I refuse to do bussiness with them. To me it feels like they are doing exactily what the gun grabbers want. So they no longer get my bussiness. I have just receiently cancled a nice order that was to be profitable for the company & valuable to me. But I'll find another vendor who will give me a better deal! for my money. Sure Im just one but there are more out there who feel the same way. Walmart stopped selling Black Rifles, I told my other half if they refuse tio sell one item they dont need anymore of my money. I told her to take everything back she purchased at walmart. I;ll pay more money to a store that stands behind thier customers. and five grand is a lot for a store to loose in one shot!,,,,,,,Doc

#19 ·
Ive got 15 blanks, and sever Ar-15 Blanks Which according to ATF are Legal, Ive just ordered 5 stripped uppers. My plan is to get all my parts which I have the most of alreadyand I might add I have no FA parts! I dont need them I can fire just as fast and hit what Im aming at so for me full auto is not an option and partially due to FA parts are legal here. Now for the nex question The Bump Fire Stock For Ak's and AR15"s Atf states that this item is legal , my question just how legal is it ? or is this another attempt at grabbing for not following the rules of custom built firarms, You be the Judge,
and if anyone finds the answer please let me know...Doc

#20 ·
there ain't no answer to an open question and this is where the feds like to leave everybody hanging.

the bump fire thing is legal--right now --however the BATF has a record of going back on things and changing the rules any time they see fit.

a bump fire with a 10rd mag sort of loses its cool factor--

a lot of folks here bought the bump-fire set up over the last few years and most are happy with um.

i am sticking with straight semis myself --mainly to conserve what may well be "precious" ammo.

the BATF may decide at any time the bump fire is a conversion to full auto in spite of the fact that so far none have been used in any crime that i am aware of--

and then again they might not even want to bother with it--ya never know which way the beaurocrats will go ---

if the ban all semis then bump fire will be sort of a moot point. maybe a bump-fire pump action--???

#22 ·
I'm having a hard time trying to find a Polish underfolder kit. I want to do a build with one of those receiver blanks I bought from Curtis. Nobody seems to have any. Is everything sold out completely? I'm glad I ordered a m92 receiver from Nodak, and a few extra mags from Whatacountry. If money wasn't so tight, I guess I'd be on a buying frenzy too.

#23 ·
Im guilty, I was cleaning out the safe, I knew I had a few 33 round glock KCI mags and found them. Posted them up locally. But instead of asking crazy money which I dont think I would get,figured I'd offer them up for trade. I was looking for any old surplus rifle, like a m44, turkish mauser and such. I bought a real nice turk. mauser a couple months ago for 70 bucks, sold a M44 for $60 so Im hoping someone with a rifle thats not doing anything will want to trade. Im thinking it would almost be a decent trade for anyone wanting to flip the magazines, its not like people are in a rush to buy old bolt actions nowadays. jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.