Gunco Forums banner

More Mags Coming?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
I suspect that Tapco and PMAG will be very busy the next month of so after the holidays making new mags. The risk is how soon any possible "mag ban" will be agreed upon. Obviously the companies won't be ramping up production during the holidays and they won't be expanding production with this new threat on a potential mag ban. They may be working 24/7 for a few weeks to maximize sales in the immediate term though.

I would probably get more steel AK-47 mags, Tapco AK-74 mags and USGI AR mags, but then again I have plenty. I have plenty of the cheap HK-91/G3 mags, M76 mags, CETME mags, PSL mags, VEPR mags, etc. But I may get a few odd ones like the custom 28-rd M76 and 10-rd VEPR mags. Other than that, I don't really need to over pay for mags during this feeding frenzy.

I am glad to see so many guns, ammo, mags, etc. sold into private hands making it virtually impossible for the Feral Government to implement an effective confiscation scheme. I just wish there were many more available to put into "the peoples" hands.

- Black Blade

#2 ·
Right you are...Magpul just announced new 10, and 15 rnd mags for the AR. Seems they have been in the design phase for a while due to sales to Calif. (10 rnd max.) or other sub-30 rnd rule states.
See the below link for pics and more details.

The Firearm Blog Magpul Announces 10 And 20 Round PMAG

2013 will be an ugly year for gun laws methinks.

#5 ·
lets see he stole guns, murdered his own mother, stole her car, then stole more guns and mags and ammo then broke into a "gun free zone" and started gunning down kids-- ain't that the story?

yep i am sure a crazed gunman would really be worried he might have a illegal hi cap mag!--

boy what a deterrent!

so instead of three 30s the murderer is now carrying 5 --10s---

boy i feel safe now! (what dumbasses!)

WE NEED ARMED GUARDS IN ALL SCHOOLS!

on 55 grain to the head was what this A-hoe murderer needed BEFORE he went on the shooting spree!

#7 ·
Yeah hopefully my optimism holds out and things start to drop again. It is as if they had this planned to make our hobby one of a rich man's. I think the panic has nowhere to go but down from here I just hope it happens fast.

#8 ·
there are a few mags about SMG has a few ar-15 mags for $17 they may have a few AK types as well.

mags are coming back in stock. any decent ar or ak mag at near retail price is going out the door super fast still.

the thing that worries me more than parts is still ammo --

parts are coming back and mags --ffew and far between but i see JSE is putting up more stuff on their retail price page.

only thing is AMMO--hell it is getting to the point they ain't even taking back orders--

this ain't a good sign---

#9 ·
With all due respect to those who died in Newtown and their families..
The idiot shooter never took the AR or ammo for it out of his trunk..
Sadly front page, breaking news.. "Assault weapon kills." No it did not, he never opened the trunk..
Does not make the heinous crime any better. Just get the facts straight..

"I remember in the initial hours of this shooting, the police said they found the rifle in the car," the anonymous poster wrote. "But the administration-controlled (mainstream media) had a pre-planned attack already waiting, to ban so-called assault weapons and jumped on that line of reporting, knowing it was a lie, which included people like Piers Morgan who said the shooter used an AR-15 that shoots hundreds of rounds per minute, as if it were a machine gun."

Read more: State Police: All 26 Newtown victims shot with assault rifle - Connecticut Post

#10 ·
My 20 round Saiga 12 drums and 12 round mags just shipped. Ordered them in December of 2012.

I guess there is a God after all.

My wife asked me " what do you need those for"? I told her VP Biden told me to buy a shotgun. I listened. A Saiga 12 with 20 round drums WAS what he meant , right? :)

I'm just supporting our Dear Leaders and all, trying to do my part! :)

#11 ·
well myTROY ind mags shipped from JSE after all.

a trick from ordering from JSE if their showing OOS --if they just ran out go ahead and order it anyway.

sometimes they get broken shipments like 400 today and another 120 next week and this is what i think happened on the mags i was an hour late on ordering the mags--they had sold 500 mags in just a few minutes --

anyway i ordered a few anyway even thought they were showing OOS . i figure someones credit card bounced and a few came up for sale and so mine were next in order filled.

either that or that got another small shipment --just enough to fill some of the back orders.

so far the only mags i haven't got are the back ordered pmags and those those IDF E-mags. the E mags show due to ship--and it has been nearly 8 weeks since the order was put in. so they got to be shipping soon.

#12 ·
j4..

Just stopped at a fun store on the way back from Gainsville.. Lots of Tapco AK mags for sale, around $16. Cases of Bulgarian mags plastic AK for $17 each..
Not familiar with the Bulgarians but hey their mags..
Man in charge of reloading supplies.. "Big order of powders coming in soon, hang in their, stop back or call."
Panic slowing down? I do not know, but things are gradually showing up locally at the shops..
Lot of rifles, shotguns, individual boxes of ammo available.. Not gouge prices, but fair under the circumstances..
No AKs or ARs, they go out the door as soon as they come in..
Maybe things are settling down??

#13 ·
Just stopped at a fun store on the way back from Gainsville.. Lots of Tapco AK mags for sale, around $16. Cases of Bulgarian mags plastic AK for $17 each..
Not familiar with the Bulgarians but hey their mags..
Man in charge of reloading supplies.. "Big order of powders coming in soon, hang in their, stop back or call."
Panic slowing down? I do not know, but things are gradually showing up locally at the shops..
Lot of rifles, shotguns, individual boxes of ammo available.. Not gouge prices, but fair under the circumstances..
No AKs or ARs, they go out the door as soon as they come in..
Maybe things are settling down??

could be or just people are running LOW on the long green back$--

i watch JSE and a few other places --they still sell out of 500+ mags in a hour or so if their good mags that is.

CDNN has come down some their $29 mags are now about $19

so yea i think the market for ar-15 mags anyway is showing signs of getting a little bit softer on the prices and a few more showing up in stock.

things are a little better than last month today there are a few barrels LPKs and lowers too though no BCGs yet.

we could be in for another panic though --all it would take would be another batch of BS form the white house and well be back to square one--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.