Gunco Forums banner

School bus shooting

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Well we were wondering when it was gonna happen. Midland, Alabama, current report says the guy shot the school bus driver and took a 6 year old hostage.

My prayers go out to the child and the child's family as well as the bus driver who was pronounced dead and my deepest condolances to his family.

WBRC NEWS

#2 ·
AN THATS WHY HIRING ARMED GUARDS AT JUST SCHOOLS WILL NOT WORK THE SOFT TARGET JUST MOVES.

THE MORE MEDIA COVERAGE THE MORE THIS WILL KEEP HAPPENING .

I PREDICTED TWO MONTHS BEFORE A NOTHER SCHOOL SHOOTING WE HAVE HAD AT LEAST TWO AN B NOW THIS SINCE .

PEOPLE HAVE GONE NUTS. HES IN A UNDERGROUND BUNKER WTF??????????????????????????????????????//

MIDLAND CITY, Alabama -- Officers were called to Destiny Church on U.S. Highway 231 around 4 p.m. on Tuesday after receiving reports of a possible shooting on a school bus, according to the Dothan Eagle.
The article says a witness reported that a man boarded the school bus and shot the driver before taking a 6-year-old from the vehicle.

In addition, Ricky Stokes News is reporting that the suspect is believed to be in an underground bunker as a SWAT team and law enforcement arrive on the scene.

School System Authorities have confirmed that all Dale County and Ozark City Schools will be closed on Wednesday

Further details are limited at this time.

#4 ·
Anyone else remember the "Tylenol killings"?

Some whackjob poisoned some bottles in stores. The media pounded it to death... and then other, totally unrelated whackjobs started doing the same thing across the country.

Note how shootings seem to occur in groups. I blame most of them on the mass media, for putting the idea into the heads of other whackjobs.

#6 ·
These crazy pedophiles are out there and they are completely psycho. Fortunately it is rare for them to openly engage targets where an adult or witnesses are present. Of course the government will punish law-abiding citizens rather than just deal with these freaks of nature.

#7 ·
Speaking of freaks, it wasn't that long ago that Homosexual behavior was considered immoral and disgusting (it is) by the mainstream liberals. Now they adopt kids and make sitcoms about it and I don't see the subject as humorous but sick. How long before liberals make being a pedophile normal and mainstream?

#8 ·
Kids were raiding a farmers watermelon patch so he put up a sign that read(one of these watermelon are poisoned.The next day when he returned to the field,the sign was changed to (two of these watermelons are poisoned).
You can't win.

#9 ·
Anyone else remember the "Tylenol killings"?

Some whackjob poisoned some bottles in stores. The media pounded it to death... and then other, totally unrelated whackjobs started doing the same thing across the country.

Note how shootings seem to occur in groups. I blame most of them on the mass media, for putting the idea into the heads of other whackjobs.
I SURE DO REMEAMBER IT AN SUDDENDLY FOOD TAMPERING WAS THE THING.

THE MEDIA IS PROTECTED BY THE SAME CONSTITUTION GUN OWNERS ARE AN YET THEY FEEL ITS THERE RIGHT TO DO WHAT EVER THEY WANT.

I SOME TIMES WONDER IF FREEDOM OF SPEACH SHOULD BE EXTENDED TO COMPANYS THAT SELL THERE SPEACH TO ADVITSIERS . . LETS ALL REMEMABER THAT FREEDOM OF SPEACH WAS NOT TO ALLOW NEWS COMPOANYS TO MAKE MONEY SELLING ADD TIME. IT WAS THERE TO GIVE INDIVIDUALS THE RIGHT TO SPEACK OUT .

TODAY THE NEWS IS ALL ABOUT SENSATIONALISM AN LITTLE ABOUT GETTING THE STORY RIGHT.

#10 ·
OK SO HES STILL IN HIS HOLE OR WHAT??????????????????

I LOVE HOW EVERY SHOOTING STORY NOW HAS A LINE ABOUT THE SANDY HOOK SCHOOL SHOOTING. BS ABOUT THE BUS DRIVER WHO GOT KILLED IS A HERO BECAUE HE GAVE HIS LIVE PROTECTING KIDS. HE IS A VICTOM AN HE GAVE HIS LIFE NOT BEING ABLE TO PROTECT KIDS AS HE WAS UNARMED. . THE SHOOTER IS A EX VET WITH ANTI GOVEMENT ISSUES ACCORDING TO GROUPS WHO TRACK THAT STUFF wtf ????????????????? WHAT GROUPS????????? HE APPARENLY USED A HAND GUN .

HERE IS MY MEDIA VERSION

A MAN NAMED BLA BLA GOT ON A BUSS AN DEMANDED A KID GET OFF. THE UNARMED AN HELPLESS BUSS DIRVER SAID NO AN WAS SHOT DEAD LEAVING ALL THE OTHER KIDS AT THE MERCY OF THE SHOOTER . THEN BLA BLA TOOK A UN NAMED KID AN WENT TO A SURVIVAL SHELTER AN IS STILL THERE WHILE COPS SIT AROUND AN TRY TO DECIDE HOW TO GET HIM OUT.

THE SUSPECT NAMED BLA BLA WAS RECENTLY ARRESTED FOR FIREING A GUN OUT OF A VECHICLE IN A ANOTHER ALTERCATION WITH A KID IN THE VECHIVLE BUT SOME JUDGE DECIDED IT WAS OK FOR HIM TO GO HOME SO HE COULD DO SOME MORE SHOOTING .

A NEGHBOR REPORTED HE WALKS AROUND THE YARD WITH A SHOT GUN AN BEAT HERE DOG TO DEATH WITH A VERY RARE UNREGISTERED LEAD PIPE OR SO SHE CLAIMES AS THERE IS NOT OTHER CRIMINAL RECORDS ABOUT THIS MATTER. I REALLY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO REPORT OTHER THAN ABOUT TWO MONTHES AGO THERE WAS ASCHOOL SHOOTING .WERE KIDS WERE KILLLD AN NOW THERE ARE LAWS BEING PROPESED THAT WOULD HAVE DONE NOTHING TO STOP THIS SHOOTING . I SPOKE TO A BUNCH OF OTHER PEOLE WHO ALSO KNOW NOTHING BUT DECIDED TO QUOTE THEM BECAUSE THEY WORK FOR A ORGANIZATION WITH A FANCY NAME AN HAVE A HATE GROUP SIGHT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION I'LL UPDATE YOU AGAIN WHEN I WILL STILL KNOW NOTHING BUT WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE OTHER STUPID COMMENTS ABOUT SHIT I KOW NOTHING ABOUT .

THIS IS 1BIGGUN GUNCO NEWS REPORTING

NOW THE LIBERALS RETARDED VERSION.

Law enforcement personnel walk away from the perimeter of the scene of a shooting and hostage taking in Midland City, Alabama, January 30, 2013. A gunman boarded an Alabama school bus ferrying children home from school on Tuesday and fatally shot the driver before fleeing with a young child and holing up in an underground bunker, Alabama media reported. Sheriff's officials confirmed that one person had been killed in a shooting involving a school bus in Alabama's Dale County but gave scant details other than to say that a child was present at the scene in Midland City. REUTERS/Phil Sears (UNITED STATES - Tags: CRIME LAW)View GalleryStandoff in Alabama
MIDLAND CITY, Alabama (Reuters) - The gunman suspected of fatally shooting an Alabama school bus driver before holing up in an underground bunker with a young child is a Vietnam veteran with anti-government views, authorities and an organization that tracks hate groups said on Wednesday.
Law enforcement officials from multiple agencies were bivouacked near the bunker in Midland City but offered few details about an overnight standoff with the shooter that stretched into Wednesday evening.

Authorities said driver Charles Albert Poland Jr., 66, was killed after the gunman boarded a bus ferrying more than 20 children home from school on Tuesday.

The suspect demanded the driver let a student off the bus, Alabama media reported. When Poland refused, the man boarded the bus and shot the driver before taking a 6-year-old kindergarten student and fleeing the scene.

On Wednesday, the gunman remained holed up with the boy in the underground bunker on his property down a dirt road. Dale County Coroner Woodrow Hilboldt said the man and child were barricaded in "some kind of a tornado bunker."

The shooting comes as national debate rages over gun violence, especially in schools, after a gunman shot dead 20 students and six staff members at a Connecticut elementary school last month.

Schools in the area of the Alabama shooting were closed on Wednesday and will remain shuttered for the rest of the week.

Dale County Superintendent Donny Bynum lauded Poland as "a hero...who gave his life to protect 21 students who are now home safely with their families."
The superintendent's assistant said the young boy still being held by the gunman appeared to have been chosen at random.

HOW THE HELL WOULD HE KNOW ????? WAS HE THERE??? DID HE TALK TO THE DEAD BUSS DRIVER?????? DID HE TALK TOT HE BOY IN THE BUNKER ????? DOES HE HAVE ANY KNOLWDEGE THE COPS DONT HAVE?????????/

"Emotions are high, and it's a struggle for us all to make sense of something so senseless, but let us keep this young student, his family and Mr. Poland's family in our thoughts and prayers," Bynum said in a statement.

Reuters could not independently verify the gunman's identity. The Southern Poverty Law Center reported on its Hatewatch blog that a chief investigator with the Dale County Sheriff's Office identified the gunman as 65-year-old Jimmy Lee *****.

Investigator Tim Byrd said *****' friends and neighbors described him as a "survivalist" who did not trust the government, according to the law center blog.

"He was standoffish, didn't socialize or have any contact with anybody," Byrd told Hatewatch.

***** had not been on the law center's radar before the shooting and standoff, and there was nothing to suggest he was a member of any hate group, said senior fellow Mark Potok.

"What it looks like is that he's some kind of anti-government radical and survivalist," Potok told Reuters. "And exactly what that means, we don't know."

OK SO YOU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE GUY BUT YOUR NOW TALKING ABOUT HIM ON YOUR NATIONAL POVERTTY LAW GROUPS BLA BLA BLOG WTF ARE YOU EVEN BEING INTERVIEWED??? YOU HAVE ZERO INFORMANTION ABOUT THE MAN OR THE SHOOTING ?????? YOUR OPINION IS ABOUT AS IMPORTANT AS THE GUY WIPES THE ASS OF OLD PEOPLE WTF ???????????????/

Court records show ***** had been due to appear for a bench trial on Wednesday following his arrest last month on a menacing charge.

James Edward Davis told CNN the arrest stemmed from an altercation he had with ***** that ended with ***** allegedly firing two gunshots from a pistol, as Davis sped off in his car.

"He fired the gun twice," said Davis, adding that he had a child inside the vehicle when the shooting occurred.

AND HE IS OUT FREE BRILLIANT.

Neighbors told the Dothan Eagle newspaper they also had seen ***** walk around his yard late at night with a shotgun and flashlight. Ronda Wilbur, who lives across the street from *****, said he once beat her family dog with a lead pipe. The dog later died from his injuries, she said.

AN THERE IS NO ARRREST RECORD OR REPORT WTF ???

(Reporting by Kaija Wilkinson in Mobile, Alabama; Additional reporting and writing by Colleen Jenkins; Editing by Tom Brown and Andrew Hay)

#14 ·
According to Good Morning America, he is still in the bunker with enough food and water to last for weeks. He is communicating with the police through a pipe sticking out of the ground. Just a question. Why not send a "sleeping gas" that is nonlethal down that pipe? And If you believe the media the boy has autism and is watching cartoons on a tv?

#18 ·
When the Russian theater was taken over by the Chetnian rebels.
They had the Russian "Special Ops" take over and storm the place. Those guys are bad to the bone well trained.. They pumped sleeping gas in through the A.C. ducts, it worked..
Sadly the rebels had gas masks.. Still they were able to go in and blast them with almost no loss of life, except all the rebels who got double tapped.
More sadly. Once they got the poor people outside, their was not enough medical staff. They laid them on their backs instead of their sides. People vomited, suffocated and died in the street. Choking on their own vomit.
Might?? be better to wait this idiot out? Gas could? kill this poor little kid.
This idiot just might have a gas mask, then only the poor kid could die.

#20 ·
hmmmm well we do have a murderer in a hole with a kidnaped kid . I suppose its some what news worthy its definalty not your Chicago gang banger street crap. I do find the story interesting an want to know whats going on. sort of like a kid stuck in a well type deal except we got a kid stuck In a bunker with a killer an cops sitting hete with there d%6ks in there hand. no tmuch they can do other than try to talk him down. if th eguy suspects gas he will likely kill the kid. its a bad bad deal I feel for the parents it must be pure hell for them.

I mean the guy is holding of leos going on 4 days now. I hope this ends well for the kid.

it seems to me the guy had every sign of being of the dial an had numerious run in,s with the law including wepons charges an yet when an another inciedent happened he was let loose . maybe there should have been different measures taken place????????

#22 ·
Read this biggun..

Judge, Lawyers Urge Parole In Chowchilla School Bus Kidnap
The case has now taken an even more unusual turn, with the judges, prosecutors and investigators who sent the men to prison rallying in support of their push for parole
Judge, Lawyers Urge Parole In Chowchilla School Bus Kidnap « CBS Sacramento

Why was he on the streets? Because the liberal Judges and feel good people, do not want to punish them to harshly..
China. Someone harms a child. Trial, guilty. Short walk down the hall, bullet too the back of the head.. Problem solved..
Oh. Bill for the bullets goes too the surviving family.. It was .70 cents American few years back when I was in the Orient.

#24 ·
WELL THEY GOT HIM

Video, Charles Albert Poland, Jimmy Lee *****, Jimmy Lee *****. Alabama Hostage Situation, Alabama Hostage Situation, Alabama Hostage Crisis, Alabama-Bunker, Charles Poland, Jim-*****, Kidnapped Boy In Bunker, Crime News

The standoff between law enforcement and an Alabama man who held a boy in a bunker for seven days ended with the suspect dead and the 5-year-old safely rescued.

Reports of an explosion at Jimmy Lee *****' Midland City property came first on Monday afternoon, followed by media reports of the 65-year-old's death.

At a hastily organized roadside press conference near the crime scene, FBI agent Steve Richardson said negotiations had deteriorated over the last 24 hours. He said they entered the bunker shortly after 3 p.m. fearing the child was "in imminent danger," because they'd seen ***** carrying a firearm.

The boy, identified only as Ethan, was transported to a hospital, state Rep. Steve Clouse told CNN. He appeared physically unharmed, according to reports.

Witnesses said they heard a boom and gunfire. Ambulances arrived soon afterward.

The crisis began Jan. 29 when authorities say ***** boarded a school bus and demanded that he take two boys between six and eight years old. The bus driver -- Charles Albert Poland, Jr. -- is hailed as a hero for putting himself between ***** and the children. His valor cost him his life, as ***** allegedly shot Poland several times before taking the 5-year-old boy from the bus.

"You didn't deserve to die but you died knowing you kept everyone safe," said a letter from a student on Poland's bus that was read aloud at the bus driver's funeral.

The bunker in which ***** holed up was four feet underground. He equipped it with electricity and was said to possibly have weeks of supplies stored. Negotiators communicated to him through a ventilation pipe. Because of the risk of tornadoes in this part of Alabama, bunkers are a relative fixture on the landscape.

Authorities sent Ethan's prescription medicine as well as items the boy requested like Cheez-Its snacks and a red Hot Wheels toy car.

There was open communication with *****, according to authorities, but they said he'd made few demands, making it unclear what he hoped to accomplish.

Some neighbors believed ***** timed the abduction to nearly coincide with a court appearance scheduled for the day after he shot Poland. In December, ***** was arrested for allegedly shooting a gun to frighten a neighbor.

For that incident and others, people who lived near ***** were leery of him long before he became a hostage-taker. They said that he once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, that he warned children they'd be shot for crossing onto his land and that he guarded his property at night with a flashlight and gun.

He was a loner who allegedly lost contact with an adult daughter years ago, according to people who lived near him. The sounds of conservative talk radio filled his home and fed his anti-government attitudes, locals said.

Details about ***** slowly emerged as negotiations failed to break the impasse. ***** was a decorated Vietnam War veteran who'd served in the Navy. He'd grown up nearby, but later in life, he moved to Florida where he worked as a surveyor and truck driver. He returned to Alabama about two years ago, acquiring the rural property on a dirt road.

In 1995, he was arrested for improper exhibition of a weapon. That charge was dismissed. In 2000, he was booked on marijuana possession charges.

#26 ·
Yes the devil made him do it. I caught that one also.. Holed up in his bunker one thing, grabbing a little kid? I hope they shot him in his cajones first.
Plus constant detail to him being a Nam Vet..

#27 ·
YEA HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED IMO.

I KIND OF THINK A LITTLE BAOUT THEY SAID THEY COULD SEE HE HAD A GUN ANDECIDED IT WAS TIME TO ACT. WTF???? HE WAS IN A BOX WITH A GUN SINCE DAY ONE?????????? IM SURE WE DONT GET THE REAL STORY . IALL SAY THIS IF THOSE GUYS GOT A CAMERA IN AN HE DIDNT SEE IT GOOD FOR HIM AN IF THEY MANAGED TO BREACH HIS HOLE AN GET HIM BEFORE HE COULD SHOOT IM REALLY IMPRESSED ID HATE TO BE TRYING TO GET IN THERE AN BE OINTATED AN BE ABLE TO GETHIM BEFORE HE GOT ME MAN THAT WOULD TAKE BALLS. IM GLAD WE GOT GUYS WHO ARE THAT GOOD.

#28 ·
If the reports can be taken at face value, I'm glad this cretin is dead.

It's a shame the bus-driver didn't have the means to blow the noodles out of the back of his head. That would have been deserving of the title of hero because the kid would have never ended up a kidnapped prisoner.

I hope the preppers who are buying the underground shelters have been paying attention to this. As some one stated, a bunker doubles as a tomb.

#30 ·
Poor little kid wanted toys.. Wonder if they put listening devices or a camera in one of them?
3 or 4 days, dick wad had to sleep.. Sleepy time, night night, lights out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.