Gunco Forums banner

why ban bayonets & bayo lugs?

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Tommo 
#1 ·
bayonets and bayonet lugs-- why are they in every one of these "assault weapon" bans?

are we in real danger of a mass bayoneting?

was there some mass bayoneting massascar at some school were not aware of?

when was the last time a 7-11 was held up with a bayonet?

we all know that bayonets are pure military evil and should be "off the streets" cause no civilian should be allowed that much pure military power!

if these bayonets are so evil why arn't they banned by the rules of war?

yep lets hope those AKs the BATF handed over to the drug cartels got no bayonet lugs or were in some real deep-do-do!

got forbid a drug cartel with a bayonet lug! the horror!

#2 ·
It's not bayonets they have a concern about - its a classification thing. All military rifles since the revolutionary era to now had a bayonet attachment. Even the Springfield, the M1, Lee Enfields, some Mausers and carbines too. That is why they also added the 'threaded barrel' thing too almost every modern battle rifle has some sort of muzzle attachment too. This is a ploy to make it hard for manufacturers to just tweak a model type/no. or other features like furniture to get around bans by definition. Lugs or barrel threads go after one of the most expensive parts of a rifle, the barrel.

The politicos are getting incrementally smarter, and trying to disarm via broader strokes.

#4 ·
Right. They want gun owners to knuckle under and be cowed.

The more they slam us with every piece of shit out a lefty lib's mouth, the more they might actually be able to get away with, and the more the stupid people will support the twisted ugly democrat screaming immature dopes.

#5 ·
Nope we all know a bayonet lug makes a gun go in fully-auto-death-mode.

They are just targeting the ignorance of those who don't own or know about guns. It's a standard tactic of many politicians. Hey if they can make you believe free stuff actually exists maybe they can teach you that bayonet lugs make a gun more dangerous.

#6 ·
I almost joined the Marines, till the recruiter said they were going to give us bayonets and teach us how to use them. :scared:
Went right over too the Army recruiter..
"Hey you guys use bayonets?"
Nah not anymore.
Sign me up..

#7 ·
:lolup:

I was thinking the same as others (being a smart a$$), it's because that bayonet is more dangerous then your trigger finger.
But I also think it's a "control thing", makes them feel like they have more control over everything they can think of. You know, tyranny

#8 ·
Like Abukai said, it's because the Libtards that know nothing about weapons think that by having a bayonet lug, it allows the gun to fire 10,000 rounds a second in full auto death mode. F*cking idiots!!!

Like has already been said, it's a control thing. They want to control the things that scare "them", not us.

4th, that was the reason I joined the Corps. The recruiter said they would teach us how to attack a tank with nothing but a bayonet and a smile!!!!!!! I said "wow, this is for me!!!!!!!!!"

#10 ·
Like Abukai said, it's because the Libtards that know nothing about weapons think that by having a bayonet lug, it allows the gun to fire 10,000 rounds a second in full auto death mode. F*cking idiots!!!

Like has already been said, it's a control thing. They want to control the things that scare "them", not us.

4th, that was the reason I joined the Corps. The recruiter said they would teach us how to attack a tank with nothing but a bayonet and a smile!!!!!!! I said "wow, this is for me!!!!!!!!!"
Yup there is a certain rush you get attaching a 9" K-BAR to the end of your gun that makes you feel like a bad mother.... Wait that's right the Commander in Chief says we don't use them anymore.

Could be why they want the lug gone :confused:

#9 ·
if you got a mosin with a bayonet is that one of those evil child killing "assault weapons" if yo add a pistol grip and removable mag?

the soviet union was in love with the bayonet --i think they used it to finish off nazis without wasting a round of ammo--along with other political prisoners that refused to bow down to the state.

#12 ·
ITS A WAY TO SORT OUT RIFLES INTO CATAGORIES THAT WERE NOT BUILT FOR HUNTING . IF YOU PUT EVIL FEATURES ON A LIST AN THEN ADD IN IMORTED AS A EVIL FEATURE PRETTY SOON THE ONLY SA SEMI AUTO YOU HAVE IS A REMINGTON 742 OR OTHER DEER RILE AN THE ANTIS CAN SAY WERE NOT AFTER YOUR DEER RIFLES JUST ASSULT STYLE RIFLES.

YOU WANT TO HEART A GUY GO APE SHIT . A BUDDY I HAVE WHO IS NOT REALLY IN FAVOR OF BIG MAGS OR ASSULT STYLE STUFF WAS GIVING MEW THE SPEACH ON HOW HOW WE REALLY DONT NEED BIG MAGS BLA BLA BAL AN HE AN ITS NOT THE NED OF THE WORLD IF THEY BANNED AR,S AN THE LAW PASSED. i NOTED HE HAD A MUZZEL BREAK ON ON HIS REMINGTON 742 AWHILE BACK AN HE HAS A BAD SHOULDER AN THOUGHT IT WOULD HELP WITHTHE RECOIL. I DID NT SAY ANY THING TO HIM THEN BUT AFTER HIS BLA BLA BAL YOU DONT NEED 30 ROUNDS BLA BLA I LOOKED HIM STRAIGHT IUN THE EYE AN SAID YOU HUNT WITH A ASSULT RIFLE AN ITS WILL BE ON THE LIST . HE SAID FING BS YOUR FULL OF CRAP. I PULLED THE PAPER FROM MY POCKET WITH THE PART ABOUT A THREADED MUZZEL BEING ONE FEATURE ALONG WITH A DETAHCBALE MAG AND SAID NO THIS TIME IM RIGHT AN YOUR WRONG. YOU GUN IS CLASSIFED AS A ASSULT RIFLE . HE READ IT LIKE THERE TIME AN THEN WENT THROUGHT HE ROOF . F^&IONG OBAMA **** FINESTIEN BLA BLA BAL.

YEARS AGO I ALMOST BOUGHT A WEL USSED REMINGTON 742 IN 308 AN CHOPPED IT TO 18" AN ADDED A BREAK AN A LARGER MAG FOR A DEER DRIVE GUN TODAY IT WOULD BE A ASUULT RIFLE JUST BECAUSE THE BARREL WAS THREADED.

I REALLY WISH THE NRA WOULD PUT SOME NUMBERS TOGETHER OF CRIMES COMMITED WITH GERNADES, BAYNETS, AN FLASH HIDERS , AN SILENCERS.

HOW MANY SILENCER DEATHES HAVE THERE BEEN ???????? IM SURE A FEW AS THERE KNOW IN ORGANISED CRIME AN THRE ALREADY ILLEAGLE WITH OUT A EXTENSIVE BACK GROUND CHECK AN A TAX STAMP BUT WO HAS BEEN BAYONETED TO DEATH INHT LAST 75 YEARS?????? HOW MANY HAVE BEEN KILLED WITH A RIFLE LAUNCHED GERNADE. OE WITH A ILLEAGLE GRNADE HAND THROWN ??????? NOW THRE ADDING ROCKET LAUNCHERS TO THERE CRAP. WERE THE HELL DO YOU GET A ROCKET ??? AN HOW MANY HAVE BEEN LIKKED WITH ROCKETS ??????????

#14 ·
Hunters need to side us. My brother-in-law told me he only needs three shells a year for deer hunting, yet he has one of those elastic deals on the stock that holds a dozen more. Numerous individuals, and organizations want to stop all hunting.
yeap as a hunter I try to make all I know that there pump shot guns will be next.

hunters make up all types of groups an many are very liberal there is no defiend agreement among any of us. some think we only need guns for hunting , some aonly shoot 30 rounds there whole life, some collect an shoot every week, some believe in guns for defense an some don't . I know tweo family who store there guns out side the home an the dad an son both hunt???? some guys are all about guns an ar,s an every thing that goes bang.

most agree there should be no weapons ban many are soft on the mag capacity . I think they all need a history leasson .

20 years ago you could not have given me a AK I had no use for them . today I see things differently . it was education an relizing that hunting was not he only reason to have a gun.

#15 ·
The real answer is obvious, like the media that doesn't know the difference between a bayonet lug and a sling swivel, apparently some Congresscritters have confused the bayonets and such with the deadly "shoulder thing that goes up".

None of the features they have targeted make any sense, except for mags. At least that one is geared toward the function instead of the look that makes Nancy soil her Depends. IF it passes the only thing they will have accomplished is make an incentive to introduce new designs like the KelTec SU16 that utilizes existing mags in a "sporting" configuration. Just like last time, unintended consequences the idiots who dream this stuff up never consider. When the mag ban hit last time the gun makers responded by making handguns sized around a 10rd magazine, or less. Millions more easily concealed small handguns now exist just for that very reason. Coincided with the wave of right to carry laws across the USA, so everyone benefited. OOPs, Nancy just soiled another diaper......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.