Gunco Forums banner

Random Vehicle Check?

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Tommo 
#1 ·
Decorated Combat Veteran arrested in New York: Charged With 5 Felonies For Possession of AR Magazines
Decorated Combat Veteran Arrested In New York: Charged With 5 Felonies For Possession of AR Magazines
Robert Richardson
January 31st, 2013
Off Grid Survival
Comments (409)
Read by 30,201 people

Army Vet Nathan HaddadIn the latest attack on the American people, a decorated War Hero has been arrested and charged with five counts of third degree criminal possession of a weapon, for having empty 30 round AR-15 Magazines in his vehicle.

On Sunday January 6th Staff Sgt. Nathan Haddad, a decorated combat veteran, was driving through Jefferson County New York when he was randomly pulled over for a vehicle check. Haddad, who had five 30 round empty magazines in his possession, was arrested by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department and charged with five felony counts.

According to Haddad’s brother, Michael Haddad, Nathan thought these magazines were legally made before the New York Assault Weapons Ban. When Nathan Haddad was arrested the new ban had not even been fully enacted yet.

This is not a criminal, this is not some thug looking to hurt people; this is a decorated combat veteran who was recently honored by the Philadelphia chapter of Blue Star Mothers and the Union League’s Armed Services Council for helping disabled vets get back on their feet. What’s happening to Army veteran Nate Haddad is an absolute attack on liberty. Here we have a man who honorably served his country, who was trusted with weaponry that far exceeded anything he was carrying, that now finds himself facing the possibility of spending years in prison.

Still think these gun control laws are meant to stop criminals?

Nathan Haddad’s brother has set up a legal defense fund for his brother who cannot afford to fight these charges on his own. We ask that you share this story with everyone you know so that this attack on Hassad is seen for what it is, an attack on every law abiding citizen in America.

See less See more
#2 ·
If this is as presented it's disgusting, and part of why I'm suspicious of LEO's anymore. I klnow there are good ones out there, but you sure hear alot of the bad stuff. If this is what things are going to be like we are well and truly lost.

#4 ·
the same charges the punk-ass NBC reporters walked on when they filmed themelves with 30 rd mags in washington DC???

the definition of corruption is when law is not even handed. a reporter who is in bed with the party walks but a CITIZEN gets the whole book thrown at him? even when he has committed no crime and had no intent to do any?

don't this sound a lot like the former soviet union to you?--

i know it does to me.

holder is really working hard to earn the title "in-justice dept!"

#6 ·
According to this - MILLER: N.Y. vet arrested for 30-round magazines (Part 1) - Washington Times he was sitting in a parking lot at night and when asked by the police what he was doing he volunteered the information about the magazines. Also the article says that the magazines were stamped "For military or LE use only" which would seem to date them from a time during the Federal AWB which would make them illegal in NY even before this new ridiculous law they just passed.

Seems to be very little info on this story out there right now.

#7 ·
I forgot New York was already restricted to 10 round mags my mistake. I could have swore the new law just outlawed 30 round mags?? wasn't there something about New York residents being allowed to sell their high capacity mags out of state?

What was the laws before this latest 1?

#10 ·
wasn't there something about New York residents being allowed to sell their high capacity mags out of state?
That was when they made that 7 round law, they are giving a one year time period (I think) to sell any mag over 7 rounds.

But as you & Kernel mentioned, NY had a 10 round limit on all mags since the 94 AWB and anything marked "LEO/Government use only" is illegal in that state.

#11 ·
That was when they made that 7 round law, they are giving a one year time period (I think) to sell any mag over 7 rounds.

But as you & Kernel mentioned, NY had a 10 round limit on all mags since the 94 AWB and anything marked "LEO/Government use only" is illegal in that state.

Sounds more like this guy screwed up than him being the innocent victim of persecution.

#12 ·
Where's the NRA on this ??? I've been considering a Lifetime membership,, but case after case seem's to be being ignored by them,,,,,?????? I get plenty of donation requests from them though,, guess it's time for a letter to them too, we got to keep there nose to the grindstone too.. Just My Opinion, there slacking.

#14 ·
Where's the NRA on this ??? I've been considering a Lifetime membership,, but case after case seem's to be being ignored by them,,,,,?????? I get plenty of donation requests from them though,, guess it's time for a letter to them too, we got to keep there nose to the grindstone too.. Just My Opinion, there slacking.

To be honest i don't understand what you want them to do. Sounds like this guy got caught breaking a NYS law that has been on the books for nearly 20 years now.

#15 ·
THE NEXT QUESTION IS WHY HE HAD THEM TO BEGINE WITH WAS HE SITTINGTHERE TO SELL THEM??????

EITHER WAY HE SCRWED UP I DONT CARE IF HES A VET OR NOT OR HOW DECORATED HE IS. THE LAW SUCKS BUT HE BROKE IT AN LIKELY WAS VERY AWARE OD WHAT HE WAS DOING .

WHEN WE ALL GO ANTI GOVERMENT OVER THIS STUFF IT MAKES US LOOK BAD AN SLIGHTLY CRAZED. ARE WE SAYING BECASUE HE WAS A DECORATED VET HE SHOULD NOT BE PROSICUTED ??????????????????

WE SHOULD BE MORE PISSED THAT THE LAW IS THERE TO BEGIN WITH AN TO BE HONEST WE SHOULD BE PISSED THAT HE IS BREAKING THE LAW AT A TIME LIKE THIS WHERE THE MEDIA USES ILLEAGLE SALES AN ANY GUN GRIME TO PROP UP DIANE FIENTSIENS AN THE NEW YORK TOP DOGS CASE FOR MORE GUN CONTROL.

RIGHT NOW THE LAST THING WE NEED IS MORE IDIOTS BREAKING LAWS!

#16 ·
I am not anti LEO as I have several among my family and friends. However, like any other occupation, some of their members are overly ambitious and will arrest anyone for anything to help boost their career. Best to stay the hell out of gun ban states if at all possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.