Gunco Forums banner

I want a M4/AR15

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  dario541 
#1 ·
As a result of the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, President Obommunist is going to pull out all stops to get his long anticipated gun ban. He was so delighted when that horror occurred that he could hardly wait to get started. I knew that this day was coming. I told people face to face and wrote about it on the internet. I said that, as soon as a bloody slaughter came to pass, that the White House Fuhrer would spring into action.
But, Obummer has a lot of boot-lickers even among gun owners! Some said to me “ He’s got too many other problems to worry about Our Guns.” “He’s never shown any interest in banning guns (the moron that said that was living in some kind of a fantasy world).” ‘I’ll worry about it when it comes to pass; if it ever does.” And, so it went. But, I and millions of others knew that when the time was ripe, he would strike like a rattlesnake! And, that’s just what happened!
Now, millions of Americans are crowding into gun stores and gun shows trying to find certain guns and ammo that they want. A big demand item the an M4/AR15/M16 in some form or other. But, they are all sold out. The factories are months behind on filling orders. And, who knows what may happen by then? What will the Moslem Communist do to us? He has plans for us--ALL BAD!
In the event that you haven’t been able to obtain a M4 you may want to consider something else. You better get something before it’s too late! I offer a few suggestions.
The Ruger Mini-14. It’s not as good as the M4, but, it still is a good reliable rifle. It shoots the same .223/5.56 caliber. And, there are high capacity magazines available for it. You could do worse. I actually like the gun, but I do think that, if I had my druthers, I would prefer a M4. But, it’s probably too late for me now. Like millions of others I procrastinated. and now I’ll probably never have a M4.
Some AKs are chambered for the .223. These are generally good performing rifles. They have high cap magazines, too. That is, if there are any left. AKs are noted for being used for long periods of time with little cleaning or maintenance. If you run across one of these, grab it! It may be your last chance to get a semi auto repeater in that caliber.
Although I don’t know much about it, Kel-Tec has a carbine (SU-16C) that is chambered in .223. It is a light, handy little carbine that might be useful. It is a possibility for someone who desires a semi-auto in .223.
Of course, there are other actions available in that caliber. Almost every gun manufacturer offers a bolt action .223. Also, there are slide actions, single shots and lever actions. So, if there is still any low cost ammo available, you should be able to find something in which to shoot it.

See less See more
#3 ·
Good luck finding a Mini-14. They are all gone in my area. There is still a pretty good amount of ARs to my surprise, but my last name isn't Trump so they are a little out of my price range. I'm glad I got my hands on a few before the government went full retard.

If you really want a rifle Ruger makes a 10/22 that seems to be in stock and still at a reasonable price :lol:

Things seem to be coming back though just not very fast. It definitely sucks for those of us who did this prior to all the BS.

#5 ·
Well, this is a gun building web forum & there are lots of M16A1 kits on the market right now. Nodak is taking orders again & they have a nice retro M16A1 receiver. Barrels will soon be back in stock at Green Mountain.
The problem will be finding any ammo.

#6 ·
JSE has been getting M4 barrels in stock--they sold a bunch last weekend.

they had a bunch of complete uppers as well.

only thing is you got to act fast when they re-stock stuff is sells out very quickly!

AR-15/m4 parts are coming back --just slowly and in small batches--

good luck finding a mini--there hard to find anywhere these days about as bad as an AK/AR--

there are a few ar-15s. HK clones AKs and other things out there --but the prices start at $800 and head upwards-- an ar will likely set you back $1,200 at least --

a few months ago you could have built one for $500---

#8 ·
I already have a couple of Minis. And, I am pretty well stocked up on ammo in that caliber. I do think that an M4/AR15 would be a worthwhile addition to what I already have. But, as an old retired man, dollars come in pretty slowly these days. So, I'll probably have to make do with my Minis. I also have the 10/22 along with a number of high cap mags. And, a lot of .22LR ammo.

#9 ·
yes the AR is certainly worth the effort. the least expensive road is still "roll your own".

sometimes JSE has complete uppers for $400 even after the panic--

the hard part would today would be getting a lower and lower parts kit since their OOS everywhere i could not even guess at what they might cost.

a few months back a very good lower could be bought for $95-$120 any day of the week , and every once in a while they would be on sale for $58-$60 --lower parts kits sold for $49-$65.

i bought a imported m4 stock form SMG long after the panic for $26 buffer tube,spring and buffer -- it is a little light compared to the real one --but it still works--

i sort of doubt that were going to see these kind of sales for several years if ever. parts may come back a lot closer to retail in the next few months as the panic slows down and things start getting back in stock.

were seeing that some on mags --every so often the good ar mags come back in stock for $18 bucks or so and they sell every day for about $29 --

i sure some of the AK guys here on GUNCO could probably cook up a way to tune up the mini without blowing a bunch of $$$ on it.

like maybe cut the barrel back to 16" or even 14.5" re-crown it , thread it for a heavy ar-15 style FH to dampen them vibes .

maybe change that brass pill to "jet down" the gas a little.

generally tighten up some of the gas and moving parts with better bolts and threading ----

maybe a do a little work on the sights and the trigger--won't be as easy ans an AR--still can be done.

i am sure you could make a mini a decent arm with a little tune -up work.

that is probably where i would start.

#12 ·
there is a fellow in the classified section today with three LPKs!

assembling an AR is very easy. and you save a lot of money as well as opposed to buying one.

lets do a run down complete upper from JSE $430 when in stock--

LPK $83 from classifieds--

m4 stock kit $55

out of that you'll need a lower, and some mags there are still some good mags around for say $28 each --expensive but not insane like the $100 prices some places are asking-- you might get lucky and get some mags retail as they do pop up for about retail price of $18 from time to time.

so were at about $560 + 100 for three mags that is $660 + a lower

and the lower is a snag --they do sometimes come up for sale at around $200

sights.slings, free float quad rails and so on all extra price--LOL

so if you build one today with three mags and reasonably good mags --it is probably going to set you back $880-$900+

one of those $500 a1 kits is going to need a barrel --say $160, or does it come with a barrel? then a lower --lets say $200 and mags another $100

so $500+ $200+$100 = $800 that is if they come with a barrel-- the a1 might be the cheapest option.

the big snags are LPKs, lowers, and finding a complete upper in stock anywhere at a retail price.

#13 ·
I know a man who has 2 M4s. He says he is thinking of selling them before the government thugs ban them. He also has a lot of ammo. He claims to have around 50 high cap mags for them. He also has a lot of spare parts. I'm sure that he would want $4,000 and up for the whole pile. If I can come up with the money, I may try to buy the whole pile.

#14 ·
Are they high cap mags or standard capacity mags meaning what the gun was meant to fire?

#16 ·
well mags ain't all that short--

the things that are very short supply in order of importance for an ar-15 set up

#1 AMMO --223/5.56 is very short supply and very expensive --the outlook for the future is not good.

#2 lowers & LPKs --there overpriced and scarce

#3 everything else mags, uppers parts--they were plentiful last year few around today and their no deals anymore.

you pal with the ar-15s could be a deal if he has got enough ammo--LOL

today it ain't gonna take all that much ammo to make a $1,000 worth!

#17 ·
For several years (while I was working) I purchased a few boxes of ammo every payday. One time it was .223/5.56. Another time .308. Sometimes I would buy a few boxes for my various handguns. I bought a lot of .22LR. I also purchased a number of boxes of 12 gauge ammo for my shotguns. I have several cases of 7.62X39 for my AK and SKS. So, I think that I now have enough ammo to last me the rest of my life if I don't waste it. I'll use my .22s for practice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.