I'm getting close to finishing the new receiver. Used measurement and not a Template this time. So far so good.
The one I demilled is put one side until I can find someone to Weld up those rear holes for me.
Pulled out the original receiver stubs for that kit. Sure enough, the factory had to cut the rear of the original Romanian receiver(1986)to accommodate fitting rear trunion and dust cover.
It's definitely possible it was off a little. I didn't have any glue to put it on so I taped it on in a rush to drill it. After a few holes it got loose. I figured it was because of that but then I saw this thread and thought maybe it wasn't just me.
Originally Posted by Coils
I'm just guessing, you know throw anything out to make you think it over.
If you go this route again, make sure everything is lined up and just center punch the holes, then drill. This way you don't have to worry about keeping everything lined up while drill.
Here's 2 themplates if you want to compare them to each other
Edit; use the links below
Both of these pages are missing with the templates on them.
The links must of gotten messed up recently, let's see if they work again, if not just look in the library area.