Gunco Forums banner

gotta love flea markets.

974 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
when to a antique swap meet for the first time today, there was alot of stuff, and this guys got a box of M16 triangle handguards, 1 fix stock, holsters etc. We got there early and I asked price? 50 bucks for the whole box or 5 bucks each. So i got a set of triangle handguards and the fixed stock with the buttplate for 10 bucks, In another box theres a 30 round AK mag. so again, how much? 5 bucks! So my 15 dollar find worked out. I get home and look at the mag and whats wierd is there is no spine. And its stamped China like everything else nowadays. So I guess I got a preban norinco mag? Out of all my AK mags it turns out this is only my 2nd one. jim

#6 ·
The Norinco Mags, like you describe; are some of the best ever! They are a bit heavier than Euro Surplus mags, but they NEVER fail.

That was worth the entire trip if you ask me.

#3 ·
I just didnt know what the hand guards were worth, My old AR is setup like a old M-16, triangle handguards, fixed stock etc. Odd thing about the mag. The one I bought today had china on the bottom of the mag. The top were a regular AK mag would have that extra metal piece on top, this one is just pressed outwards to square it up. and the catch on my old mag looks like most of the european mags. the new one has a sort of a loop. I googled the norinco 84 mag and the loop looks like it, but its definetly shaped like a 7.62 mag. jim

#8 ·
kernel good link on those mags, thank you...
Jim I grabbed cases of those Chinese mags over the years at the gun shows..
Good mags I like them.. Grab any mag looks odd or different.. Yah never know. $$.
That corn sheller is cool nice grab..
Key to the flea markets is get their at sunrise when their unloading the trucks.
Guys are their grabbing and buying while their unloading..
We stopped at one and asked if anyone had guns.
Woman said no, but you guys just missed a woman pulled up and had some kind of old Civil War guns.. Her husband passed and she wanted them gone. About 20 of them in her trunk. Would not take a penny less than $50 each for them.. Oh my God some guy grabbed them..
Early is the key..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.