Gunco Forums banner

TROY ind battle mags $14 in stock-

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
#6 ·
well today i got a email from JSE stating that my order of troy mags shipped.

now what is funny is i ordered the mags a few hours after they were showing OOS.

+1 for JSE!

so far i have had pretty decent luck getting mags for retail price --in this case less than retail as Troy gets $25 each from their site--

Troy BattleMag|Rifle Accessories|Gun Sights|Pistol Magazines|Troy Industries

#7 ·
mags came in today. so far so good. the loaded up well with 30 rounds, look to drop free either loaded or empty from any lower set up i got.

haven't test fired them yet. don't know if i like their version of the ranger plate yet.

they do look like they'll work in my ar-mag well adaptor ak set up.

a slight rattle when loaded and not inserted in the mag-well, nothing serious though.

they come with a regular bottom plate so if you wish you can remove the rubber bumper plate and go without the rubber bumper.

one thing about the bumper is it is sort of in the way if you like to slap the mag into place. i may end up going to the flat base-plates.

the mags look to be good mags so far. i don't think their better than a p-mag but are easy in the top of the class for plastic mags.

i still consider the lancer mag to be the top for the plastics with the pmag and this troy mag are close seconds. the troy being slightly behind the pmag.

i do like the solid feel the rounds give when loading in this mag. the spring pressure feels plenty strong and solid at any amount of rounds. just like a pmag or lancer.

the no-tilt follower is not quite as rigid as the later pmags but still more than enough to reliably feed rounds. the mags are lighter than the pmag --there may be a trade off in durability there.

the slight bit if slack might allow it to feed a few 5.45x39 rounds. the pmag is very fickle with the 5.45x39s various generations of the "P" will feed a few and others won't feed the 39s at all.

at $14 today their a good bet IMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.