Gunco Forums banner

Gun Sales Slowing Down

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Abukai08 
#1 ·
This is just an observation but from what I see and what I heard around the country and from what others are saying - gun sales, in particular AR and AK platform rifle sales are slowing down. In fact prices are slowly falling but not quite to where they were prior to the pre-election prices and before the Sandy Hook event and subsequent talk of gun bans.

The major and obvious reasons are of course high prices but also due to the fact that there's no ammo for sale (certainly not at reasonable prices). Fortunately most of us are well prepped with firearms and ammo but for everyone else it has to be a real unfortunate mess.

I would think that the Russian, Ukraine and Serbian ammo producers would be going gangbusters and shipping to the US to meet this extraordinary demand. Maybe they are but I also hear that the Feds are ready to stop all ammo imports using "sequestration" as an excuse. They apparently will say that they can't spare the manpower due to "sequestration" and this will prevent cheaper foreign ammo from reaching store shelves and online vendor warehouses.

I was really hoping to see more firearms (and kits) and ammo reached the hands of the masses in this country making it all that more difficult for the anti-gun politicians and gun grabbers to even consider bans and seizures. Perhaps we can keep up the pressure on our Reps in Washington to gain more gun freedoms and to allow more imports of milsurp and "cheap" foreign commercial ammo to reach our shores and into the hands of the people.

- Black Blade

See less See more
#3 ·
yea that and the Obama economy.

it is hard to pay $1800 for an ar/ak and $340 a case for ammo, and $50 for a mag if you can find any, on a obama unemployment check--and even that is about to expire soon.

things are slowing-- and it is the money crunch. people still want to buy it is just their "BROKE", and they can't find a job.

#4 ·
I got an email from SFRC in Canada. They will be getting 1320rnd cases of Romanian, corrosive, 60s production 7.62x39 ammo in shortly, for $249.99. Unfortunately they do not ship to the US. I hate getting emails from them. They just got a batch of SVT-40s in a month or so ago and were sellign them for around $400-$500 IIRC.

#6 ·
everybody has maxed out there credit cards

thats gotta be the reason for the slow down........hmmm ya think??

cc maxed out now there waiting on the tax return to show up

#9 ·
To be honest I hope everything goes down in price becasue I'm about ready to bring some rifles to the range again and "plink". I have been doing nothing but shotgun and pistol as of late because it is the only ammo that is affordable.

#10 ·
I'm just hoping that ammo prices will go back to ( Normal ) prices - last years prices would be fine but my friends say I'm dreaming. Gun prices are still what I call ( gouging ) prices, AK semi's got to fall under $650.00 to be realistic in my book. Until they fall a lot I would recommend holding off buying.

#13 ·
I don't think they are going to go back to pre hysteria prices but they will drop. I am probably going to be surfing gun broker or armslist and see I can capitalise on some "Panic Selling" once people understand they aren't going to get out of a gun what they put into it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.