Gunco Forums banner

Mark kelly denied firearms purchase

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  railbuggy 
#1 ·
#6 ·
While I support and respect Mark Kelly's 2nd Amendment rights to purchase, possess, and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, his recent statements to the media made it clear that his intent in purchasing the Sig Sauer M400 5.56mm rifle from us was for reasons other then for his personal use," MacKinlay said in the statement.

He added that the store will return Kelly's money, donate the rifle to the Arizona Tactical Officers Association to be raffled as a fundraiser and make an additional contribution of $1,295 -- the value of the rifle -- to the Eddie Eagle GunSafe Program.

you what he is right the buyer stated in public he was buying it give to some one else its a straw purchase an he needs to be prosecuted .

Im thinking the dealer might of got some coaching from the NRA an there legal team or some one else .

does this guy sell on line people should buy from him if has what they need an send support letters . good to see a MAN stand up.

now how does the gun community get a chance to buy those raffle tickets in a show of support ? ill take one .

an how about a few raffles to help the boy scouts who got screwed by Chipotle gay food restaurant .

#9 ·
As for the "Straw purchase", the federals will never charge him
THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO DEMAND IT ! FLAT OUT HE WAS BUYING TO GIVE TO A NOTHER PERSON OR AGENCY IT WOULD BE NO DIFFERANT THAN IF I WAS BUYING TO DONATE TO THE MUZLEM BROTHER HOOD . I AN HE WOULD BE LYING AS TO WHO ITS PURCHASED FOR.

PERSOANLY I FEEL HE WS BUYINF FOR HIM SELF HE AN HERE ARE WERE BOTH GUN OWNERS. I THINK THE HYPOCRITE GOT CAUGHT AN IS LYING HIS ASS OF. WHAT IS HE GAINING BY SHWOING ITS LEGAL TO BUY AGUN AN PASS A BACK GROUND CHECK?

NOW IF HE WALKED IN PAID CASH AN DID NOT GO THROUGH A CHECK HE WOULD BE PROVING SOMEHTING . ALL HE PROVED IS HE CAN LEGALY BUY A GUN AN WAS GOING TO SPEND A FEW GRND TO MAKE THIS POINT ? BS HE COULD HAVE GOT THE SAME ATTENTION BUYING A HIGH POINT AN CHEAP AUTO PISTOL HE WAS BUYIG GOOD GUNS FOR HIMSELF .

#10 ·
You can't charge someone for a crime that wasn't committed yet. Don't think that would hold up even if they did charge him.

Then it would look even worse - "Make a straw purchase and it will be OK if you get caught"

I did read the statement from the gun shop - good for them! I say let's all give them some business for doing the right thing! :cool:

#13 ·
To hell with the law.Laws were meant to be broken.Why can I cross the river from Cincinnati Ohio into Covington Kentucky and buy a long gun from a dealer and take it home after passing the background check.But a handgun buy must be transfered to a FFL dealer in Ohio for pickup.Final cost of buy just went up 25$ or more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.