Please help, my front barrel trunnion is missing holes?
So first post here, after getting a kit, 80% receiver, etc -- getting ready to start my build this week.
So at first, I was super excited thinking this was gonna be a breeze -- I just finished an 80% AR-15 lower and got this parts kit, was going through the steps, and was excited because I only had to demill like one rivet in the rear trunnion to prepare this thing ...
Then I got to looking at the front trunnion and WOW! There's almost no holes! (Please see the attached pic.) It appears that:
1. there are no holes for the rivets to attach to the receiver (missing 4)
2. there are the two rear rivet holes at the bottom
3. The barrel pin hole is "started" but it's not 100% drilled through?
At this point, after searching for terms related to drilling the front trunnion (and only finding info on drilling the receiver attached to front trunnion) I'm asking for help:
1. Can anyone point me to a diagram ... OR ... give me "coordinates" as to where these four holes should be?
I don't want to "eye ball" it lol. If I had another kit or aK here I could just measure and mark mine but I don't. any help?
2. What size hole should I drill? I know the screw kits come in 10-32 but that's the thread size ... not the drill bit/hole size right?
2. Also this steel (iron?) looks VERY tough. I'm going to have to drill this thing with my drill press -- will a carbide drill bit set like this one work if I go slow and use lots of lube (insert "that's what she said" joke here)???
Bosch CO18 18-Piece Cobalt Twist Drill Bit Assortment in Plastic Case - Amazon.com
Please excuse any ignorance on my part, I thought I was prepared!!
P.S. any idea how I got a front barrel trunnion without these holes? lol I thought this was a used parts kit? Did it just never get used? Anyone else experience this?