Gunco Forums banner

NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms

650 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  dcholl 
#1 ·
NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Remember all those who denied that firearms confiscation as a result of New York’s new gun laws was too “insane” to even consider?

That it was strictly in the realm of paranoid conspiracy theorists and the “it cant happen here crowd”?

Those were and remain some of the standard replies to anyone who even thought about the possibility, let alone gave voice to it, despite the fact that Gov Cuomo and numerous other officials made public comments about such a plan, as I discussed in my article “Feinstein & Cuomo Admit Planning Australian Style Government Gun Buy Back” .

Elected Officials, the media, various Gun Control Groups and their zealous forced disarmament supporters, even some firearms owners themselves all insisted it was to crazy to even consider.
There’s just one huge problem it is happening now in New York State!

It seems those that tried desperately to warn of such an insidious plot had hit the bullseye with their warnings after all. News came from multiple NY State based firearms enthusiast websites late Friday that confiscations of Pistol Owner ID Cards, as well as firearms and accessories has commenced in NY under the provisions of the horribly flawed, draconian and blatantly unconstitutional NY SAFE Act.

Those folks having their weapons and FID cards confiscated have been discovered to have been prescribed multiple different types of psychotropic drugs, such as those for Depression or Anxiety. These are known as SSRI ( Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) class drugs and have the potential to cause serious and adverse side effects, something I wrote about extensively last week in an article that went viral in days and caused multiple Anti Gun and Progressive News Groups to initiate a concentrated denial of service hacker attack against Ammoland Shooting Sports News (see Daily KOS ” Keeping Track Of The RKBA Crowd” Daily Kos: Keeping track of the RKBA crowd), in an effort to keep the information from the public.

From NY NYS Police Departments Revoking Pistol Permits because of Anti-Anxiety Meds

“John Doe, an upstanding professional with no outstanding criminal convictions and no history of violent action received a letter from the Pistol Permit Department informing him that his license was immediately revoked upon information that he was seeing a therapist for anxiety and had been prescribed an anxiety drug. He was never suicidal, never violent, and has no criminal history. The New York State Department of Health is apparently conducting a search of medical records to determine who is being treated for anxiety drugs and using this as a basis for handgun license revocation.
Those are the facts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Now, before anyone trots out the old saw about how this is nothing more then a paranoid, unsubstantiated rumor on a “gun nuts” internet forum. I spoke to the Attorney of Record in this matter on the phone this morning and he confirmed that the above snippet is accurate and these cases are happening!
2A Flashmob

Get your FREE 2A Flashmob Patch – See if your eligible here!

James Tresmond Esq confirmed in our conversation that the above mentioned case is occurring in Erie County NY, it is his client that has been effected, and as yet unknown sources have seen fit to take it upon themselves to share confidential medical records with NY State Officials without authorization, a massive HIPPA violation.

It seems these supposedly confidential records are then compared against a list of known NY pistol license holders and letters are sent out demanding their Pistol Owner ID Cards be surrendered, as well as any firearms and accessories.
Here is a link to the Attorney of Record on this case, Jim Tresmond, giving a radio interview on the Tom Bauerle Show on WBEN 930AM/107.7 FM:

Bauerle With Jim Tresmond - WBEN NewsRadio 930 : Buffalo & Niagara Falls, NY

This is an unprecedented violation of a Citizens 2nd, 4th, and 5th Amendment RIGHTS, brought to fruition by power and control hungry tyrants holding elected office who swore an Oath to uphold and defend the very rights they are now actively stripping from their constituents.

Moreover, the confiscation efforts underway in NY State have had another, albeit unintended effect. By undertaking this course of action, those in power have inadvertently pulled back the curtain on something they have suppressed from the Citizens for far to long, leaving them with precious little wiggle room to explain away their actions.

Either they are acknowledging that there is in fact some sort of little reported link between the prescribing of psychotropic drugs and violent behavior, thus they are somehow, at least in their own minds “justified” in their actions to preempt someone from violence.

Or, this is nothing more then a backdoor confiscation effort and massive abuse of governmental power unleashed on innocent Citizens.
Those are the only two possible explanations.

If anyone still feels some level of doubt regarding the veracity of this story, Attorney Tresmond welcomes anyone to visit his website tresmondlaw.com, Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/james.tresmond.7 ), or send an email to TresmondLaw@gmail.com.

Mr Tresmond asks that those making inquiries be mindful and respectful of the fact that they have been deluged with inquiries in recent days and therefore a personal reply may be delayed or impossible due to the volume.
Read more at Ammoland.com: NY Gun Confiscation Underway - Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms

See less See more
#2 ·
And so it begins!!! The vets, those who have ever seen a therapist/psychiatrist, anyone who has ever been prescribed an anti-depressant or any kind of "mood altering" drug. (Remember the Fed has already been taking away 2A rights for those convicted of any drug offense, especially marijuana, as well as anyone who has a medical marijuana prescription card. Then it will be anyone who has been charged with ANY type of violent crime, such as "simple assault". Of course if you've been convicted of "criminal domestic violence" you already lose your 2A rights, regardless of the reason. Something you did as a kid 30-40 years ago?? Nope, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.00!!!!!!! THis is the way they're going to do the majority of the confiscation. One at a time, with bullsh*t and unjust laws backing them up. And the LEO's will follow along.

#3 ·
I have said it before, if you want to really see a Martyr we will see what happens if ONE SINGLE PERSON gets killed during an attempted confiscation.

Attachments

#4 ·
It seems these supposedly confidential records are then compared against a list of known NY pistol license holders and letters are sent out demanding their Pistol Owner ID Cards be surrendered, as well as any firearms and accessories.
You know, I don't want my legislators to be seeking help with mental health or taking doctor-prescribed medication either. I'd like mental health evaluations for all elected officials, please. And since they've ruled that piss tests are reasonable and lawful for employers to inflict on their employees, since they're my employees, I want them all piss tested daily.

Then there's the fact that, while convicted felons lose their Second Amendment rights, they can hold public office... even while in prison, though many states don't allow prisoners to vote.

Hey, it's politics, nobody said it had to make sense.

#5 ·
The Soviet Union put away dissidents using the fake medical science of psychiatry to deem such persons a threat. Today we are simply following in the same footsteps as the old Soviet Union starting with gun owners.

#7 ·
I am certainly glad I decided to move from NY over 10 years ago, Because I would be that one who would get killed for not turning in my guns. Hers my View. Its my right , I have done nothing wrong, So In fact the NY State Goverment would want to STEEL my guns and VIOLATE MY CONSTITIONAL RIGHTS!!! the state of NY can KISS MY LILLY WHITE ASS!! If the Gioverment of NY State wants to mimic naziism go right ahead!, but remember what happened to the Nazis they were wiped out! and that is what I urge every voter to do come election day Get rid of every fucking gun grabber in Politics put them in the unemployment line and keep them there. If they seem shady look them up to see if they are friends with any of the gungrabbers that are currently in office and if they are send a clear message of go fuck yourself! and dont vote for them! Really screw the state over stop filing state income taxes, actually as long as you dont owe you can file every three years. Send a Clear message to Albany, that thier kind is not wanted in the state of NY, Tell them there are already enough fuckups in the State of New York your not going to have them in politics too Statr a petition to have schumer and cuomo removed from office go to every gun range you can , gunstores etc get one up online for NY residents to sign and then turn all those signatures in contact the american civil liberties union and file a class action lawsuit and what I suggest is File a ex-parte application with the NY State Supream Court to get an injunction against the stupid govenor and his idotic law and simply state that he is infringing on your right as afforded to you by the united states constitution start making some real noise get permits to assemble and run that ass into the ground also remember and you can use this no gun parts maker or gun manufacturer is doing any bussiness with NT State Law Enforcement Agencies due to yuor political leaders actions So there for in fact they are leaveing you bassically unprotected because the Police cannot get the items that they need for emergency situations such as ammo and guns and parts and what not THIS IS THE FAULT OF ANDREW CUOMO not the citizans of New York State but make sure you do everything by the book and dont break the law while voicing your opinion and make sure that you address the problems of NYS officeal getting into your medical records tell your Doctor that under no circumstances is he to release any information about you! its against the Hippa Law and Im sure they have made no changes to that since cuomo rushed this thru you can tell that when he's so ignorant he for got to make exemptions for police officers and use that as well to your advantage if it illegal for the Citizans of NY it is illegal for the Police agencies as well there is no special circumstances. and its manditory that every officer that has been involved in a shooting to go and see the Deprt shrink, so there for the Officer has to be dismissed from duty permantily there is no exception you see a shrink you cant have a gun in ny state according to the new laws so show cuomo what he can do with that law he just created and stick it up his ass! his father was nio fucking good as an political leader in my opinion and neither is is stupid gun grabbing kid Personally I think it will be funny as hell when all the gun manufactures leave NY State it will only be a matter of time What these politicans dont seem to realize is that they are committing Political Suicide by enacting these laws and as Far as Im concerned let them ruin thier own lives as they say shit rolls downhill and put them at the bottom of the hill, If you protest make sure to get permits notify the news media and make it peacefull if you get violent or disorderly you will only ruin what you are trying to accomplish. If you do this right you can actually make him resign under pressure, and beware the little pervert is trying to make a comback weiner that is. hes another gungrabber its time for the citizans of NY to Stand thuier gound and Kicvk these freeloading POS politicans out of office!! Good Luck to all of you in NY ..Doc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.