Gunco Forums banner

I wish for:

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  FyredUp 
#1 ·
I wonder if any of you wish that some currently unavailable product was available. Some of my wishes:
1. I would like Ruger to be more helpful in assisting those who buy their products, to be able to obtain vital spare parts.
2. I would like to see their Mini-14 available in other calibers such as .243 Win., 257 Roberts, etc. A little more horse power, please, in common calibers. I believe that their 6.8 is a viable self defense load, but this caliber is not very popular yet.
3. Years ago, Ruger was going to introduce a rifle similar to the Mini-14 in .308. They called it the “XGI.” How about trying it again? They have 40 more years of technology experience and maybe they could make it work this time!!
4. How about a semi auto tube loader (9 or 10 round capacity) in .357 magnum, .44magnum and other large handgun calibers? Ruger or anybody.
5. How about a pump action tube loader as above?
You all get the idea. What would you like to see? Please keep all suggestions firearms related (guns, scopes, ammo, etc.).

#2 ·
3: Because you can already buy an M1A1 from SA? Last I heard the Ruger XGI was fatally flawed as the basic design was too weak to handle the round. If it was changed to make it actually work, it would have been bigger than the M14....

4:I'd rather see them make the old .44 carbine with a desert eagle magwell and cheaper mags to fit both.

5: SA Timberwolf? IMI made them.

What I would like to see is a replacement lower for the MKII that has the MKIII mag system without the safety BS. Or pull the safety BS out of the MKIII design!

#4 ·
inexpensive norinco 223 mags. I emailed tapco with a request for them to do a run of these mags. They responded that they would send the request to the r&d dept.
An AK scope mount THAT WORKS & DOESNT COST A TON OF MONEY.

#5 ·
as for what i wish for.....

1 i wish that we could import guns from china and russia again (mak 90's svd's etc)

2 i wish we could import ammo from china

3 i wish the batfe would give steel core 7.62x39 an exemption like m855 5.56

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.