Gunco Forums banner

Saiga AK-107 (not yet in USA)

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Ken3030 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
That balanced recoil system looks pretty neat!

#6 ·
I see little advantage of a balanced reciol system in a non full auto . I dont need the gun to weigh more . the gun is taller it looks like they spaced up the dust cover to put the counter weigh under it.

I also wonder if a bigger port is required to run the counter weight ? If so then accuracy might be worse .
Id like ot know how much weight it adds ? if its going to offset the carrier it must be considerable .

the full rail might help stiffen the barrel maybe

would make sense on a full auto were control is more important .

I like the push button safety . id like ot shoot it . its not worth a grand IMO .

#7 ·
I see little advantage of a balanced reciol system in a non full auto . I dont need the gun to weigh more . the gun is taller it looks like they spaced up the dust cover to put the counter weigh under it.

I also wonder if a bigger port is required to run the counter weight ? If so then accuracy might be worse .
Id like ot know how much weight it adds ? if its going to offset the carrier it must be considerable .

I like the push button safety . id like ot shoot it . its not worth a grand IMO .

#12 ·

I agree with you that it isn't really necessary for TYPICAL semi-only firing.

HOWEVER it can do nothing but help with recoil mitigation. They have built a very clever recoil management system with this and I believe it could help semi-auto recoil management, if not to the extent of a full-auto recoil management. Just like the .45 ACP Kriss.

You can find images of the AK-107 recoil management system online. New carrier, new top cover, new gas block are the major components. A cog system that keeps both pistons synchronized during the load cycle. A clever system, really!

#8 ·
Looks like the Rail Fairy and someone from arfcom decorated an AK...

As far as the "balanced recoil system"... despite the press releases and Wikipedia, it can't "virtually eliminate" recoil. It can't eliminate *any* recoil. As far as Newton's Laws go, the whole rifle (1 each) is a monolithic chunk, no matter what king of monkey motion goes on inside it.

See: Dean Drive

#9 ·
I'd love to test fire one before I make any judgements. Also, I still want to see the innards, and how they work as compared to a standard AKM type.

#15 ·
Me TOO!! That looks really nice.

#14 ·
I dont see it reducing recoil at all I see it mitigating the weight of the carrier moving an helping controll the gun easier . I suspose in rapid fire Semi auto it might help . if nothing else the extra weight will help the perceived recoil

It interesting if nothing else .

Id like to shoot one as well . just to see if im wrong . i suppose I should not judge untill I know .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.