Gunco Forums banner

Just another AK

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  driswalds 
#1 ·
I'm posting this here instead of in the "completed" section, since it still needs to be refinished, plus a couple other minor touches. I built this one for my son, for when he gets old enough to have his own. He hit 19 months today, so it's going to sit for a while.

Rifle is built on an NDS-1, using mostly AMD-65 parts, with a standard length chrome lined US barrel in 7.62x39 and modular rear trunnion, both from AK Builder. The chrome moly Werewolf stock is a product of my welding bench, the grip is a Hogue. Since it already has US parts galore, I saved a little bit with Russian made handguards, and a used Romy gas piston from Apex. I think the gas tube is East German, and the modular Phantom flash hider is from CNC Warrior, which was on sale for 12 bucks. Sling is a basic Nylon AK sling from Suarez, on quick detach fittings. It has a G2 trigger at the moment, but I am eventually going to install an RSA adjustable.

I bought the AMD-65 parts kit from a member here a few years ago. It had been an attempted screw build, but it was drilled into the barrel, and actually through to the chamber. I sold/traded the furniture for the equivalent value of what I had paid for the kit (this was post barrel ban), and then the parts sat around my shop until I decided what to do with them this year. This is probably the best and smoothest one I have ever built. FSB is dead nuts on. When I test fired it (at only 25 yards so far) with the drum perfectly centered, it required no windage adjustment whatsoever.

See less See more
#3 ·
Sounds nice Netpackrat. Wish I could see it.

Start of rant: I know I've mentioned this many time, so I'm sorry for beating a dead horse, but I cannot see ANY of your pictures. Been a member and regular poster for 4-5 years, and I have NEVER been able to see any pics that you post. It's only yours for some reason. I can see every other picture on here, but yours. It frustrates me, because you post stuff about your stocks regularly, with updates, new models, etc..., and I can never see them! I know it's not your fault, I'm just venting my frustration. Sorry, Rant off.

#4 ·
Looks great! I'm liking that stock!

#11 ·
2nd it could just be the way you have your preferences set up on your puter or "cookies being blocked.

NO,,,,,,Don't ask me how to fix it,,, my son is my IP guy!!!! With out him around I'd never get this G.D. thing to work right!!!!!

Remember I learned on a Abacus!!! Seriously, we learned to use one in 3rd grade,,,YA,,,,,,I'm That Old!!!:smilie_sc:lol::lol:

#12 ·
LOL. Yeah probably is, but I have ZERO clue on what to do. It's just strange that it's only Netpackrat's pictures that I can't see.

#15 ·
2nd: I tried sending the pic to the address on Hotmail you gave me last time you couldn't see my pics, but it bounced as undeliverable.

Gwailo: I can generally make one up with a sling mount anytime. I had been keeping one around, unfinished in case somebody wanted one with a sling mount welded on, but that stock wound up on the rifle pictured in this thread. 8^) What length are you thinking that you'll want? With the standard pad, my standard length stock is about 10.1" long, and the short version is about 8.9" long. The optional Limbsaver pad adds about .4" to those lengths.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.