Gunco Forums banner

Explosive Door Breaching

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  akblue 
#1 ·
So, what happens when you have a door that you don't want to breach by pounding on it, or kicking on it, and you want to cause the folks inside to be stunned and incapacitated?

One word: explosives!

While not used very often in a LEO environment, military units train to use explosives to unhinge a door and cause shock and disruption in the interior.

This door breaching demolition was conducted for gun media representatives, by Asymmetric Solutions in Farmington, Missouri.

Standard disclaimers:

Asymmetric is federally licensed to use and handle high explosives. Staff have been trained on the use of explosives in this and other situations. They do not teach this in any of their civilian classes. Everyone observing was at a very safe distance wearing hearing and eye protection, the camera was remotely operated, etc. You should ever try this. Never.

Obviously in a real-world scenario they would not light a fuze, but trigger it with a wireless detonation device. They also added a bit more det chord for a bit of a bigger blast.

But the interesting thing to notice is how surgically the blast cut away the hinged edge of the door, nice and neat!

Here's the video:
[video=youtube;Cs0XGj-4C-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs0XGj-4C-g[/video]

See less See more
#3 ·
Back in the 60's and into the very early 70's the fire service had an explosive device for breaching walls, doors and roofs called the jet axe. It was a directed charge that blew a hole through whatever structural member it was fastened to. The hole varied in size depending on the size of the Jet Axe used.

#4 ·
Some son of a bitch blows my door off like that, I feel sorry for the first few mother friggers through that door.. Don't people knock anymore?
Read the constitution, warrant's can be met with equal and opposing force.. They kind of changed things after the British knocked peoples doors down in the late 1700s.. Remember WACO, that did not work out to good their did it?
More and more Police are hitting the wrong damn houses.. Grandma is in the kitchen cooking and someone sets that damn thing off? Each time the wrong home is hit, spell lawsuit.. That would be increased taxes to your city or town..
Even Military breach.. Put a block of C4 on the damn door and blow the shit out of the whole house. No muss, no fuss.

#6 ·
Some son of a bitch blows my door off like that, I feel sorry for the first few mother friggers through that door.. Don't people knock anymore?
That's my policy, having had the local PD try to beat my door in without a warrant.

They can knock and ask politely, or they'll have their moments of fame on YouTube and the local news. Cheap digital video rocks!

#5 ·
i someone detonates a bomb to get in your hooch you can bet their HOSTILE, and hell bent on taking care of you!

the police have no need of explosives. what we have here is the police/LEOs turning into a paramilitary force.

Hitler 101 here-- the NAZIS used paramilitary forces to stay in power and terrorize political opponents. all in the name of security--

#7 ·
the military does explosive on the doors to detonate any IED that might be in there--

does the local PD think your sitting one a IED?

somebody needs to ask WHY the police think they need to bomb the tax payers who are paying their paychecks?

the BATF needs to put a stop on this-- but there to busy giving away AK-47s to the drug cartels!

#8 ·
iF THAT WERE TO HAPPEN TO ME AN i WAS STILL ABLE TO FUNCTION . THAT DOOR THAT NOW HAS TO BE CLEARED AS IT STILL IS BLOCKING THERE WAY IS WHAT ID BE AMING AT AN SHOOTING ANY THING THAT TRIED TO COME THROUGH IT . THEY DO EXPECT BAD GUYS TO FIGHT BACK CORRECT .

ALL THEY DID WAS KNOCK REALLY LOUD ONCE AN ANNOUNCE THERE COMING TO COMING TO HURT YOU.

i SEE SOME APPLICATIONS FOR HOSTAGE SITUATIONS AN WHAT NOT AN TO BE ABLE TO GET A DOOR OR MULTIPUL DOORS S DOWN SIMULTANEOUSLY OR BEING ABLE TO OPEN A DOOR SOME ONE HAS REFUSED TO OPEN . THEN AGAIN A HAMMER WILL OR BATTERING RAM WILL DO THE SAME THING WITH A HELL OF A LOT DANGER AN DAMAGE .

imo THE SHOCK VALUE OF THE NOISE LIKE A CONCUSSION GERNADE IS THE BENNIFIT OF THE WHOLE THING.

iF THAT IN A APPARTEMTN BUILDING OR ANY WERE INDOORS ITS GOIGN TO TAKE OUT WINDOWS AN HUR OTHERS HEARING ETC .

THE PEOPLE DOING IT DID NOT LOOK VERY PROFESSIONAL NOR WAS HOW IT WAS DONE . . HONESTLY A SLEDGE HAMMER WOULD HAVE BEEN FASTER .

THE DOOR STLL IN THE WAY, LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD BE A SERIOUS FAILURE TO ME . WHY NOT RUN A LINE THROUGH THE MIDDLE HORIZONTALLY AS WELL TO MAKE IT A SMALLER PIECE ? HAVE THAT LINE GO TOT HE STRIKER SO THE DOOR FALLS CLEAR.

INTERESTING VIDEO I GUESS . SO KNOW I KNOW IF I HAVE A BIG UNEXPECTED EXPLOSION ON MY FRONT DOOR I BETTER START SHOOTING ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.