Gunco Forums banner

Various Completed Folding Stock AKs

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  762x39run 
#1 ·
Here are a few AK's I've completed over the years. Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Nice collection! The folding stock ak's are my favorites.

#10 ·
Very nice builds.. Great job on those..
762x39run. The hard metal of the underfolders is a good way to test for cavities.. If you press your cheek against the metal when firing, your whole mouth rattles.. Any cavities in your tooths, you drop the weapon in screaming pain. :biggrin:
It really is not that bad.. Light recoil on the AK to start with and your face and eyes usually line up over the metal stock.. Not the most comfortable thing in weaponry, but it is a compromise to be able to fold the stock and put the weapon in storage where you could not a full length one..

#11 ·
White cracker, I was expecting that just wanted to hear from someone who has done it. I,ll stick with my sidefolders on next build. I used a ACE skeleton SideF. on last project. Wraped the top bar (comb of stock) with .5 " thick waterpipe insulation and glued it down the seam. Next I spiral wraped it in black rubberized tape that is used on the handles of tennis rackets.Looks good and feels great under recoil and offers excellent nonslip cheekweld. The foam also dosent interfer with opening/closeing stock. I,ll post some pics, if I can get my camera/computer expert staff (kids) to use their Ipod digital whatever gagets for my benefit for once.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.