Gunco Forums banner

DuckDynasty

9K views 90 replies 21 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Phil Robertson was fired from the A&E show Duck Dynasty.
You'll never guess why.
Hunter

#77 ·
how did we go from duck dynasty to military tribute, shouldn't this be in its own thread?????????

I am very grateful for those who has served, but thats not the topic at hand and it would serve the general membership better if it had a seperate thread, so that those who are not interested in DD can pay tribute to the former and present serviceman in its own thread???

#79 ·
Sprat - all of the posts have been moved to a new thread at http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76524
So the wish for a separate thread has been granted, to pay tribute to the former and present service members can do so outside the Duck Dynasty thread. :)

#80 ·
With that said, in public and for all to see, I am doing something that should have been done within the first few months of your first posting. Patience from the Admins has ran out, and you are no longer welcome at gunco and are banned. May you find another forum that you can feel more welcomed at. Thank you.
THANK YOU

I WILL TRY TO USE LOWER CASE LETTERS FROM NOW ON UNLESS I FORGET OR AM DRUNK OR MAD . :cheers:

#81 ·
Sniper

thank you for two reasons

one starting a new thread. I am all for the military just seemed to highjack a good discussion thread on Phil

so thanks

also I think we have lost some members and your actions were warranted and overdue ( not that you need my approval or permission)
several weeks back I sent Biggun a PM asking him not to leave this site

#85 ·
. But I think, for myself, we were just trying to change the subject
I know you were, an thank you for doing it :)

It was like being on a slow moving train wreck that I could not get off of.

I went back an edited most of the posts I had on this thread that were not Duck Dynasty related to stay back on topic .

I heard some discussion to day on how some are a little sick of the media an others throwing the term Red Neck around in a derogatory manner . IMO its not any more acceptable than calling a Homosexual any number of names they might not like . Its how the term is used just like an racist or descriminitory term . I dont feel the meai should be using it to describe the cast . I know they nmigth describe them selves that way but there not using it to make them selves look ignorent or stupid or backwards . I really think the media needs to be taken to task for the use of such slang.

#86 ·
A&E reverses decision on 'Duck Dynasty' patriarch
LYNN ELBER, AP
16 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson will return to work on A&E's reality show despite his comments about gay immorality, the channel said Friday, reversing its decision to suspend him after facing a backlash and threatened boycott.

In a statement Friday, A&E said it was bringing Robertson back after discussions with his Louisiana family featured in the reality series and "numerous advocacy groups."

Last week, the channel had put Robertson on what it called an indefinite "hiatus" because of his comments in a GQ magazine article that the Bible views gays as sinners akin to adulterers, prostitutes and swindlers.

A&E said it decided to drop Robertson from the show about a wealthy family that makes duck calls because it is part of a company whose core values are "centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect."

Robertson's remarks were quickly slammed by groups including GLAAD, the gay rights watchdog organization. But A&E's move against Robertson provoked a flood of support from those who share his views and others who defended his freedom of speech.

A petition calling for A&E to bring him back reached 250,000 signatures and counting in about a week.

#89 ·
So...where does this leave po Jessee Jackson? I think it was just yesterday that he gave A&E a 72 hour ultimatum to negotiate with him about Duck Dynasty OR ELSE!

#90 ·
IMO Jesse Jackoff who has cheated on his wife an raised a criminal son has zero ground to stand on IMO .

He has likely cause more hate between blacks an whites than most any one else . How people take him seriously is a mystery to me . Trying to bring rosa parks bus driver into to this is asinine.

I know lots of happy blacks also. I have also worked with black who were happy in what they did .

#91 ·
Follow the money. $$$$$. Never ever has Jackoff ever missed an opportunity to line his own pockets.. Never..
He, Shartoon, Nappy, the Arab Prosecutor, were the whole reason for the Zimmerman debacle down here.
Certain "types" of humans need word association to stir their blood up.. Bringing Rosa into the debate, got those people involved..
Jessie never ever misses and opportunity to make money, for himself of-course.. Once he flaps those lips, passes the hat, gets some pictures, off in his limo and private jet to await the next non event.
Slowly, ever so slowly, some smart Blacks are catching on.. He is a self mongering, self centered, could care less if the world ended. Just don't loose that hat aye Jessie? Smart guy actually, just stupid people listen to him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.