Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Poor Mans Power Ball"

6K views 70 replies 20 participants last post by  mtdew 
#1 · (Edited)
OK guys Here we go, I'm going finally get this off the ground after getting the OK of Admin.

The premise of "Poor Mans Power Ball " is basically for long time members here to house clean stuff they'll never use and they think they have something someone else can use. Pretty simple,,,

As much as I hate rules,,I think some will be required ,,,,sooooo

Rule 1;

Only Members with a minimum of 100 posts can get in on this "Power Ball". This will keep the "surfers, and lurkers" away, so we don't see what was just given away, end up on Craig's List a day later!!
(it's happened to me before! :geezer:)

Rule 2

Whom ever gets something off Poor Mans Power Ball,,,must put something back up on the Poor Mans Power Ball.

Rule 3

All items must be free to other members, other than associated shipping costs.

Rule 4

All persons interested in an item will have there name put in a hat for 7 days, then the person donating an item will be responsible for drawing the winning name for there item, giving everyone a equal and fair chance at an item they may need.

There,,that's pretty much it,,

pretty simple actually and it just might help someone out in finding something they may not otherwise be able to find or be able to afford at the moment. If anyone has suggestions for other rules they think may make things go smoothly, just let me know and I'll ponder on it. But I just want to keep this as simple and fun for everyone as possible.

I kinda got a jump on this by giving TRX a rather rare 120+ year old magazine that he may not of otherwise been able to find to help get his project gun off the ground. So this is the type of thing I'm trying to accomplish with this Poor Mans Power Ball. And I'm glad I could do it sense it was just collecting dust here otherwise.

And that's just what this is all about,,helping out our Buds and house cleaning our junk drawers . I'm sure we all have misc stuff kicking around we'll never use!!!

I hope you all have fun with this,,,,

So without further ado,,here's item #1 on the Poor Mans Power Ball,,

A brand new set of Browning High Power rubber grips to a good home, 6 bucks USPS shipping.

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Ok guys. Putting up a Romanian AK buttstock and pistol grip. Stock is beat but would be ideal for refinishing practice/project.

Send me a PM and I'll draw in a week.

#32 ·
I guess I can't even give away a Tapco polymer shoulder stock. I guess no one is doing a Saiga conversion. That sucks. I still have some bolt action bolt handle knobs threaded 5/6"-24. I have a good selection of reamers/drill bits. Come on folks, what do you need? I can't pay it forward if nobody wants my stuff. LOL.

#33 ·
will the tapco stock work with just saiga's or will it fit regular AK's too? :)

#36 ·
O.K. Guys and members help me here please. ????

I have 100% no friggen idea what is going on. So sorry I am old and senile.
But I have a truck load of AK parts and junk I will never use.?? Who started this my Nam Bro twa??? Sheeeeet he has cart blanch. :salute: Hell I will donate, help, whatever yall need??,
Plus I want the site to get a percentage. Hell these guys are paying for our communications. Truck loads of AK parts, WTF do yall need. ?????????????

#37 ·
I have 100% no friggen idea what is going on.
LOL
You just offer up a part or two that you don't mind giving away, people that are interested will let you know and you keep there names for a week or so, after that time you pick a name at random and send it to that person.

If you got a bunch of stuff and want to help the forum, put them together in small lots and put up an ad in the classifieds here, say an amount you think they are worth and have the buyer donate to the site (and pay you for shipping of course).

#40 ·
OK, well it's been a week and I didn't even get a single PM on the Tapco shoulder stock. Oh well. I tried.

#41 ·
Just sent a PM. :D Hopefully I'm not to late, lol. :)

#44 ·
Thank you twa for the set of grips!

#45 ·
Sniper, here's the crappy pic. Not sure if you can tell enough.

Attachments

#46 ·
thanks - PM replied to. :)

#47 ·
No problem jimranor21, glad they'll be put to use. You could probably tell by all the dust on the package,,they've been kicking around for a bit. I'd bought them for a Browning that the deal fell through on and I never found another I could afford,,so they sat around.

#48 ·
Sniper, my wife shipped it out to you this morning. Threw some extra goodies in the box. Hopefully you can get some use out of them.

TRX, I just remembered that I was the "winner" of the Lahti mag. Any word?

#49 ·
Okay, I did some digging and have a few items to put up. There is one Argentine Military 17 rd Browning Hi-Power magazine that is brand new in package with both an extra floorplate and a loader. Also there is a 10/22 Butler Creek Hotlips 25 rd. magazine still new in package as well.

----IF----- someone wants to put there name in and doesn't need the hi-power magazine, I can switch it out for a Beretta 92FS magazine (fits M9, etc). OR if there is interest in one mag but not both listed above, I could always draw two names. :D

And if I can find my stash of Gunco bumper stickers (the ones SangRun had done in '04 or '05) I'll throw one or two in the box as well. :)

PM your name and I'll put them in a hat after 7 days and have one of my kids do the drawing to pick a winner. :cheers:

#50 ·
Due to complex issues, 2ndAmendican's Lahti mag didn't leave until this morning. It's on its way, though.

Sniper, if that Tapco stock is like the one I encountered on a friend's rifle, it locks folded and you have to push down to unlock before opening it. I thought I could just pull it open against some resistance... I wound up having to buy a replacement for him. They might have changed the design since then, though. Just don't give it a hefty tug like I did before you check!

#55 ·
Oh, cool. Thanks. I'll be looking for it.

I wonder if anyone has one of those rusty PSL mag bodies they'd want to pay it forward on? You know the ones APEX was selling for like 5 bucks each a couple years ago. The best running modified Lahti mag I have is one that I welded the upper section of PSL mag onto the lower Lahti mag.

#51 ·
TRX - thanks. The stock from 2ndAmerican is a fixed stock - so if it folds I definitely did something wrong, lol. I think I have one of the tapco folders like you are referring to in the box o' parts, but I would have to check to make sure. :) :cheers:

#53 ·
no worries, :) :cheers:

#57 ·
TRX, I got the Lahti mag. It looks great. Thank you sir. Even tyhough this isn't a "sale" I went ahead and left you some I-Trader feedback anyway. I just called it a "trade". Thanks again brother. :)

#58 ·
okay, jimraynor21 - you were the only one to show interest in the browning mag, so it is yours. PM sent. stalker1 - you were the only one to show interest in the 10/22 mag - so it is yours. I'll get a PM sent to you too. bubbazan68 - I'm still looking for where I misplaced the gunco bumper stickers. If I can't find them in the next couple of days I'll see what I can do about getting some made locally. :) :cheers:

#59 ·
Hey Sniper thank you! I'm kinda the guy that doesn't win that often except when I met my wife.I've never had any much less firearm related bumper sticker but I really would run a gunco one. Anyone have a pic of one? Thanks again. Take your time.haven't seen any zombies in awhile. LOL:cheers:

#60 ·
She's looking over your shoulder again :lildevil:,,,isn't she stalker1,,,,
why else be all mushy and sweet,,:naughty::lol::lol::lol: Oh,,never mind !!!:naughty:

Any Hoo. Looks like some good use full orphan stuff is trading hands,, Good Deal,,

I'll see what else is in my bag of excess goodies. I was going to put up some 556 tracer ammo, but figured it wouldn't be worth the shipping cost for just 5 box's,,I'll see what else I may have in it's place to put up,,

after all I started this so I'd better get on the stick and add to the fray just to keep the ball rolling.

#61 ·
TWA you got me! Except she isn't looking over my shoulder she looking right at me with a carving knife in her hand cutting up a roast. What ya gonna say? LOL. Another question I think you can answer tho about shipping ammo. I know tracers have their own regs but what about a couple couple rounds to like California? How bad is it ? I figure ground but what else person to person? Hate I don't know but I don't .oh crap she giving me that look again.

#62 ·
See how I picked right up on that one:naughty:,,, and the evil eye is probably cause she knows damn well,,,

"when ever you you get on that Damn Gunco sight,,,shit starts arriving in the mail, and our bank account balance drops !!" I'll bet I'm not far off on that one either, now am I!!! Remember,,I've got 2 divorces under my belt,,,,I've seen and heard it all,,pretty much!

Of course if we weren't such big Damn Kids to start with, it wouldn't be quite so bad for the poor wife's to have to put up with us! Oh well, there's not much hope for us guys I guess.

Remember though,,,Just don't hit the "process order" button till,,,,AFTER SHE PUTS THE KNIFE DOWN,,:lol::lol::lol: at least if you know what's good for you , you won't ! :thumbup1:

You know honestly I don't know off the top of my head right now what shipping would be on 5 box's, hard keeping track now,shipping prices are all over the place and most places have increased there rates substantially lately,,so no clue, I'd have to call. I'm sure it really wouldn't be cost effective for that little though, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a good item for the Poor Mans Power Ball. Hell I used to ship rifles for 12 bucks just 6-7 months ago, it's almost 25 now,,that's a pretty big jump if you ask me!

#63 ·
twa I haven't had any 5.56 tracers since 4th of July a couple years ago. I guess it's time to go to the next funshow.but I'd be happy to pay shipping for some. Main reason I brought it up I've got some 7.62x51 ammo a fellow member expressed interest in the headstamp and I was thinking about souveniring a few to him without any issues. Virginia to California you know. It ain't the old days anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.