Gunco Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Poor Mans Power Ball"

6K views 70 replies 20 participants last post by  mtdew 
#1 · (Edited)
OK guys Here we go, I'm going finally get this off the ground after getting the OK of Admin.

The premise of "Poor Mans Power Ball " is basically for long time members here to house clean stuff they'll never use and they think they have something someone else can use. Pretty simple,,,

As much as I hate rules,,I think some will be required ,,,,sooooo

Rule 1;

Only Members with a minimum of 100 posts can get in on this "Power Ball". This will keep the "surfers, and lurkers" away, so we don't see what was just given away, end up on Craig's List a day later!!
(it's happened to me before! :geezer:)

Rule 2

Whom ever gets something off Poor Mans Power Ball,,,must put something back up on the Poor Mans Power Ball.

Rule 3

All items must be free to other members, other than associated shipping costs.

Rule 4

All persons interested in an item will have there name put in a hat for 7 days, then the person donating an item will be responsible for drawing the winning name for there item, giving everyone a equal and fair chance at an item they may need.

There,,that's pretty much it,,

pretty simple actually and it just might help someone out in finding something they may not otherwise be able to find or be able to afford at the moment. If anyone has suggestions for other rules they think may make things go smoothly, just let me know and I'll ponder on it. But I just want to keep this as simple and fun for everyone as possible.

I kinda got a jump on this by giving TRX a rather rare 120+ year old magazine that he may not of otherwise been able to find to help get his project gun off the ground. So this is the type of thing I'm trying to accomplish with this Poor Mans Power Ball. And I'm glad I could do it sense it was just collecting dust here otherwise.

And that's just what this is all about,,helping out our Buds and house cleaning our junk drawers . I'm sure we all have misc stuff kicking around we'll never use!!!

I hope you all have fun with this,,,,

So without further ado,,here's item #1 on the Poor Mans Power Ball,,

A brand new set of Browning High Power rubber grips to a good home, 6 bucks USPS shipping.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Awesome idea! I need to look around here and see what I can offer up.

#5 ·
Yes this is a great idea

And I hate to say it, but I think this should be in it's own section in the classifieds area (like the Classifieds Discussion & Sponsors and Vendors), this way it can be kept track of better and maybe each item can be it's own thread.
Just my thought

#8 ·
It's a great idea. We tried it a few years back as a "Pay It Forward" kind of thing, but it just never really took off. I hope this does!!

#9 ·
Ah pay it forward! GREAT IDEA and the rules are good too. We had too many one-time posters when we were giving away stuff for membership drives. I would go so far as to say a minimum of 500 posts but hey that's just me talkin' :) I'll have to see what I need to get rid of once I unpack all my boxes!

#11 ·
Sounds like an interesting concept.

#12 · (Edited)
Since this started with a magazine, I'll ante up a magazine:

One Lahti-Saloranta 20-round magazine, new/unissued condition. This is the one seen on some Mosin and PSL conversions.

These mags officially take the Finnish 7.62x53R, which is basically the Russian 7.62x54R loaded to a slightly shorter overall length. There may be at least two variants of the Lahti magazine. Some take 54R with minor fiddling, some don't. I don't have any loose 54R to use to check this one with.

As far as actually getting them to fit in a PSL, it has been done both with a bit of welding and shimming and by using one of the old "rusty" PSL mags (which don't appear to be for sale any more) as an adapter. I've checked the fit in a Mosin, and it appears to go up sufficiently to present the rim to the bolt for feeding, but you'd have to fabricate the locating and latching bits.

update: since I had some SMLE parts laying on my desk, I tried the magazine with the Enfield trigger guard. With a little relief at the front of the guard, the Lahti mag would slide right in. So it might be useful for a 54R conversion.

Quantity available: 1

Price: free to the winning Gunco member. I'll pay the shipping too.

PM me with "LAHTI" in the subject line, and at the end of 7 days I'll roll my souvenir dice and count down the list to match that entry.

#15 ·
WHAT,,, no one needs a set of Browning grips,,,I thought,,SURE,,, we'd have had 20 people all over that by now????
Humm, that's pretty funny, I'd have thought that would have been a popular item,,that's why I put it up first.

Ya can't tell me no one's got a Browning High Power out there ????? Seriously???

WHY NOT,,,,you guys can't afford one either??:lol::lol:

#17 ·
I hope I have enough posts to participate as you all have helped me out a lot and im sure I have a few things I don't need and I definitely want to pay back what you guys have helped me out with. there are a couple things I think we could all use and you guys have come through for me...over and above. sounds like a good idea . if you could post the rules and let us know ( coils idea of a separate section sounds good).

#19 ·
54sks makes a good point, what if someone wants to give something away that doesn't have enough posts per rules, should the post limit only be limited to being picked for an item, but it doesn't matter how many posts to give something away?

And actually it is listed under the Classified section already.
Here's what I meant by "this having it's own section".
If you go out to the forum home page and scroll down to the CLASSIFIEDS section, you'll see four sub sections (Classifieds Area, Classifieds Discussion, Sponsors and Venders, User Trader Ratings), this should be the fifth sub section of it's own in the CLASSIFIEDS section.
Just my thoughts

#20 ·
just checked my post count and I guess I wont be eligible to participate. that sucks Im interested in the lahti-saloranta 20rnd mag for a mosin I picked up for the wife,a couple saiga take off buttstocks for the girls aks,(for new York compliance-no pistol grip) and a set of pookies bolt cutter jaws if some one has an old set (I broke the homemade harbor freight jaws on the second test rivet) I think I still have a matching bolt and carrier for a Russian sks that I bought for a spare (I think its Russian I cant remember and haven't seen it in a while) if someone can use it let me know ill send it out for cost of postage. even if I m not eligible I still need to pay it forward as a few of the older members have helped me out and im real glad to have found this site and all the stand up guys I have been lucky enough to talk with.

#21 ·
I need to go through my stuff but I'm definitely in. Dont have much in the way of rare/valuable stuff but if I can help anyone out I'll be happy. Better than collecting dust!

#22 ·
That's what I'm thinking. I'd rather someone use it, than to waste away in my garage.

#23 ·
54sks762,,,,get busy posting then and slide right in after 100 posts.

I kinda hated to put that rule in , but we've had people in the past get free stuff from members here, meant to help them out on a project. Only to see that same item given to them,,,,being put up ,,FOR SALE, on another forum/site,,,WTF,,,that's not the help we intended to give by giving someone a part!!!!!

This IS NOT A YOMAMMA , FINANCIAL STIMULUS PACKAGE!!!!!:lol::lol:

Sorry,, but that's why the rule was put in place. And I don't mean to be hard ass by doing it,,but it's there for a reason, and I hope you understand.

#24 ·
i have no problem with that I understand the issues that you mention .that would bother me too . regardless I still have the bolt and carrier and some other stuff. ill check the numbers on them and post them. thanks again guys this site has been great for info.

#29 ·
OK, I have one each black Tapco polymer NATO length shoulder stock. PM me to get into the pool and I'll draw a name at the end of 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.