Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: AMD Build in7.62x25

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default AMD Build in7.62x25

I bought one of the post dec $125 AMD sets from century recently with no bbl. After machining and chambering a 7.62x25 bbl for another members ak build I decided this mignt be the perfect parts set to build one myself . I plan on maintaining the rotating bolt and gas system. I have a blowback rifle (not ak) in this caliber currently and with yugo surplus the velocities approach 2000fps out of the 16" bbl. I have been handloading with 150 and 180 gr bullets and the 180's will reach almost 1000fps with starline brass and bluedot, heavy subsonic bullet with a much higher bc than 9mm or .40. My thought is with the long stroke ak action and large magazine well that I can construct a couple of diff mag adapters and use ppsh or m56 mags for the std x25 ammo and 30 carbine(or home made) mags for the loads with 150-180 gr bullets.
    Turned and chambered the bbl yesterday, will update with pics and rambling as I go.
    The bolt and carrier in the pic are bulgarian 5.45, bolt face is just perfect for the 7.62x25 case head. The locking lugs will need to be reworked somewhat to rotate in the amd trunion and I am sure feeding issues will exist, but those issues are what make a project like this fun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Hey Rich, going over to the dark side too( trying a locking bolt 7.62x25). Welcome aboard and good luck.
    By the way where in the world are you getting that crazy ammo .. are you handloading them?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

yep, it was turning that bbl for you that got me started on this project, evil camoguy, evil. LOL

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

forgot to answer your question, I am handloading the 150 and 180 gr loads with starline brass

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

started bbl assembly today, forgot forearm retainer somehow

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

HEHEHEHE! Been there done that!
    Freedom is not free. Some will perish to preserve it for the many. Just as our Forefathers did before us, we must take up the battle and not waver. Victory is our only option.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

got it all put together today and test fired. 5/32 gas hole just allows bolt handle to travel rearward aprox 1", not far enough to eject but it is unlocking and travling rearward so its on the way. Only ammo on hand was some chinese tokarev ammo. Will try with some of that hot yugo ammo and some 150 and 180 gr handloads in the morning

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Very promising!! What's the next step if it still won't cycle? Drill gas hole bigger? or weaken recoil spring? And if it is the latter, how will you ensure the spring retains enough force to strip and chamber the next round? Do you think that maybe plugging some of the vents on the gas block would help? I'd think it would increase the force on the piston. Oh btw, what mags are you using?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

you might also want to think about an adjustable gas block like a Yugo M-95
    That which does not kill you, makes you stronger

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Or better yet, one of those FAL blocks

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.