Thread: CIA Franken FAL

Feedback Score

Default CIA Franken FAL

Bought a Fanky For 550 Dollars. Yes it has the notorious unibrow feed ramp.
    Worked on polishing the feed ramp, and polishing the side of the feed rails. Will polish the chamber, respring the rifle, and respring and bad mags that
    also polish the chamber, respring the rifle, ans respring any inch mage that
    seem problamatic. That should help the rifle feed ok. It seems to be headspaced ok no shells or crushed and there are no jams. It also seems
    to be timed ok lucky me.

The rifle was built with a metric upper and a inch lower. The sights are out to lunch. Will relace whole rear sight with a metrci one and zero the weapon.
    Will aslo polish the FCG. Then I should have a half way decent FAL.If you
    have heard people bitch about they cant hit anything with franky's this is why.

Feedback Score

I also have a Franken FAL and honestly it is probably my favorite battle rifle. It is a Century receiver with Isralei guts and lower, Styer barrel, STG58 handguards and muzzlebrake, SAW style buttstock and pistol grip, and a Trilux. It sounds really messed up, but it looks really nasty.

Last edited by shootingmonkey; 04-09-2009 at 07:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

come on... share some pictures of the stiched body parts!

;-)

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stlswm View Post
    Bought a Fanky For 550 Dollars. Yes it has the notorious unibrow feed ramp.
    Worked on polishing the feed ramp, and polishing the side of the feed rails. Will polish the chamber, respring the rifle, and respring and bad mags that
    also polish the chamber, respring the rifle, ans respring any inch mage that
    seem problamatic. That should help the rifle feed ok. It seems to be headspaced ok no shells or crushed and there are no jams. It also seems
    to be timed ok lucky me.

The rifle was built with a metric upper and a inch lower. The sights are out to lunch. Will relace whole rear sight with a metrci one and zero the weapon.
    Will aslo polish the FCG. Then I should have a half way decent FAL.If you
    have heard people bitch about they cant hit anything with franky's this is why.
    Yup, Century has lots of trained monkeys turning wrenchs, and swinging hammers. I own two, and I have had to do some work. Once the work is done, they are great rifles...
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Default R1A1

I got two Centurys. My Cetme was messed up because it was shot out.
    Or it was never headspaced right. They never pressed out the barrel pins,thats why you seem some with ground bolts and others with +4 rollers in them. To rectify this I bought a new bolt and Carrier assebly to correct this.
    My muzzle break was messing up accuracy for this. The locking peces wear,
    and the bolts , theese were used to build two rifles.This is probaly a major
    source for malfunction for theese weapons.

MY Fal is another story.It is timed ok. It had the unibrow feeding ramp. What
    I did to rectify this is reground the ramp like a mauser ramp ( don't try this
    at home). There is now here for the shell but into the chamber now. Waiting for new recoil springs to retest this weapon. Blended ramp into chamber
    risky business. Seems to funstion ok manually alot better. The widows
    peak receivers are better. Need a "0" front sight that is about it. Only blended to the chamber, seems to be ok for the safe case supported area. If
    my Cetme didn't blow the back off the shells off when it wasn't locking in battery , I boubt that this will. If it don't feed right it will be weld time.
    If the shells split at the back it will be barrel. If all works out I can shoot it move to another project.

Feedback Score

OK here ya go. I tried to get a pic of the barrel stamp, but could't get a good one. These should suffice though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bellson View Post
    Yup, Century has lots of trained monkeys turning wrenchs, and swinging hammers. I own two....
    WOW! Where does one buy a trained Century monkey? I'd like one (though not for gunbuilding, but I figure I can retrain him to mow my lawn and change the oil on the cars).

Feedback Score

Better be careful, grass clippings are not sae certified lubricant.

Collector & Enthusiast GreenBlood10's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Dude durabake that thing. THats bad ass! Sorry I'm on a durabake high right now since I just did my AK in it. Nice gun though.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail...but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.